loader

Talk

Advanced search

What is the current opinion on timing of sex? ........ Please help

(16 Posts)
RTKangaMummy Fri 06-May-05 21:37:26

One of my friends has been trying for a year to get preggers

I went through fertility treatment 10 years ago and so am rusty in new thinking

She has been told to have it every other day so sperm don't run out BY A FRIEND NOT A DOCTOR!!!!!!!

10 years ago we were told every night or as often as possible.

All my books ie Robert Winston are so therefore 10 years old as well.

I also suggested he stopped drinking so much coffee and wore boxers

Is that still the advice?

Any more tips?

Please help with current advice

Thanks

munz Sun 08-May-05 09:54:10

u can come over to the ttc boards for tonnes of help (or send ur friend) or alternitivly (i've just been to see the gyno 2 weeks ago) and was told every 48 hours to keep sperms healthy and at their peak so to speak. althou i've also heard u should BD 6 times over the 48 hour period, I'm on with the 48 hours thing as are a lot of the girls, and just increase over the required fertile days.

has she had tests yet?

romilly Sun 08-May-05 17:27:50

the all time best book for anyone wanting all the answers to fertility and dos's and dont's of when to bd, etc. is "Taking charge of your fertility" by Toni Weschler - i cant recommend it enough

kama Sun 08-May-05 18:10:13

Message withdrawn

bonym Sun 08-May-05 19:00:08

I'll second the Toni Weschler recommendation - we got pregnant within 2 months. It is a fab book - I reckon every woman should read it

Rachey1969 Mon 09-May-05 12:10:30

I believe the current advice is every two days especially if dp has (or you suspect he has) lower than average sperm count. Apparently tehre is nothing to be gained by bd'ing more often (although I would argue with that...)even if his sperm count is high because sperm live for up to 5-7 days in the right type of conditions (ie fertile mucous)and because it takes 48 hrs for his tanks to fill up and be in peak condition. I highly recommend checking your cm - if you bd more often than every 48hrs it will be hard to feel it IYKWIM... Best of luck to you!

RTKangaMummy Mon 09-May-05 12:23:16

Thanks guys

Will recommend the book Thanks

I had thought about suggesting watching CM next time I chat to her.

I know am going to regret asking and I have worked out what BD means

but why BD?

RTKangaMummy Mon 09-May-05 12:24:16

Does it mean B*NKED ?????????

Rachey1969 Mon 09-May-05 12:24:53

I'm new here and I had to look some things (AF!) up on the acronyms page - it's babydance! How romantic is that ...ahhh

Rachey1969 Mon 09-May-05 12:25:25

Er... yes!

RTKangaMummy Mon 09-May-05 12:29:41

Oh I get it now

Forgot to look up there

RTKangaMummy Mon 09-May-05 12:31:09

Thanks

mogwai Mon 09-May-05 19:27:38

When I was TTC, we did the every two days thing. The month I got pg was the month we did it every day for a week. My dh also started taking zinc tablets that month.

could be coincidence, maybe not

RTKangaMummy Mon 09-May-05 21:48:52

DEFFO BRILL

Thanks

mancmum Mon 09-May-05 21:53:14

we got pregnant after 19 months of trying when DH gave up his 12 cups of coffee a day -- I was up duff after his 3rd week caffeine free! Also make sure he keeps his tackle cool... no hot baths... I was told to BD every 2 days over days 10-20 to give the boys time to recover...no smoking and no binge drinking...

RTKangaMummy Mon 09-May-05 21:55:17

he doesn't drink or smoke

I told her about boxers

So really it is coffee that needs to go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now