Talk

Advanced search

2ww. Symptoms - are they same if negative test?

(8 Posts)
Flumpette Sat 30-Apr-05 09:01:23

I know this is a delicate issue. I have done IVF before as per discussions in other threads and was successful.

I am on 2ww and want to know what symptoms are if a cycle ends up with a negative pg test(except for obvious ie. af (I assume that's a menstrual period - what does af stand for?).

Has anyone had a failed attempt where they have had cramp like feelings in their uterus when they don't normally have these with a normal period?

What else did you feel to make you feel that you may be pg only to receive a negative test?

I wondered as so far I've only read what people feel when they have a positive result.

Thanks for your help.

Ameriscot2005 Sat 30-Apr-05 09:03:40

AF = Auntie Flo

Can't answer your IV questions but best of luck and hope all goes well.

Flumpette Sat 30-Apr-05 10:04:21

Thanks - I would never have guessed. I'd been trying to think what it could stand for!

skeptic Sat 30-Apr-05 10:06:23

I wondered that too.

Good luck, Flumpette.

bubbly1973 Sun 01-May-05 21:06:24

flumpette, i just saw this thread

because of the fact that you are doing a ivf cycle, your symptons could be very very different to the symptons of a natural cycle

i know that with the pessaries (are you taking them? to help thicken the womb?) they can give you exact symptons of a pregnancy...how cruel is that one huh!!

im sorry i cant share my own experience as both my tests were positive when i did iui, however on the first attempt i didnt have sore boobs and i never had cramping and my pregnancy only lasted a week, very very low hcg levels

2nd attempt, i had the cramps and very very sore boobs and my hcg levels were high and went on to have a healthy baby boy

so its hard to tell, sorry couldnt be of much more help than that

bayleaf Mon 02-May-05 17:21:28

If you look in the 2ww section of the bulletin board of www.carefertility.com you will see that unfortunately there is no such thing as symptoms that definitely mean a positive or definitely mean a neg - alomst any symptom could actually mean both as many ivf 2ww symptoms are actually down to cyclogest. Even bleeding does not necessarily mean a negative....
SORRY!!!

Flumpette Mon 02-May-05 19:43:59

Bubbly/Bayleaf - Thank you for your replies and for sharing your experiences.

I'm looking for answers that are just not there.

4 days to go. I just have to be impatient. I keep saying that! x

Flumpette Mon 02-May-05 19:44:29

I mean patient!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now