Talk

Advanced search

Bonkers Anonymous - Let us have............... More Babydust, More BFPs, More Bonkers Babies - But what we really need is more Bonking Ladies!

(964 Posts)
myjobismum Wed 29-Apr-09 21:10:54

Again a new thread smile

For our TTC'ers (and hoping we get plenty of lovely new ladies joining us also) lots of love, luck and babydust - may this thread be your last as a bonker!

Lots of love, support and baby dust for our lovely IVF'er Soosy - Praying this thread will be yours sweetheart!

Renewed congratulations for all those who got thier BFP's on the last thread grin and others in their first trimester, may the early stages of pregnancy be as calm as possible for you and may beans be sticky and healthy! Looking forward to 12 week scan news!

Continued love and support for all you ladies in the 2nd trimester - we are all so excited to hear about your scans and wishing all the beanies and mummies well!

For those in the 3rd trimester (Namely DawnAS) as birth nears, keep smiling, baby is not too far away and will soon be in your arms!

Lots of smiles for all the new Bonkers Babies grin may all our babies continue to thrive well and bring us joy every day!

In case people missed Cbeebies post in the last thread, Dawni has sadly left us - but for all the right reasons for her and her family - we wish them all the love and luck in the world for thier life together and hope their gorgeous little puppy 'King' will bring them lots of joy!

Right rolling on....... think it is about time we had some sort of stats update!

Bonking Bonkers*

*Bonked
Bonkers*

*Bonkers
Babies
Naomi Caitlin - 21/9/08 - 5lb10oz - Now 7 months old, 11lb14.5oz and sitting up unaided grin

Again thank you all for being the wonderfully funny, supportive and unjudgemental ladies that you are!

myjobismum Wed 29-Apr-09 21:14:35

lol at 'missed Cbeebies post' grin blush that was of course meant to refer to our lovely Ceebee and not the TV channel - one day I will get timelearn to proof read, until then we will have to just accept my silly mistakes wink

HumphreysCorner Wed 29-Apr-09 22:39:59

Aw MJIM-that is so lovely <wipes tear away> smile

Bonking Bonkers

Bonked
Bonkers

HumphreysCorner - #3 due 29-9-09 (a boy!)

Bonkers Babies

Naomi Caitlin - 21/9/08 - 5lb10oz - Now 7 months old, 11lb14.5oz and sitting up unaided grin

Clever little Naomi. smile

HC
x

Kay4MattTTC Wed 29-Apr-09 22:44:03

evening all.

MJIM: thankQ. what a lovly start to a new thread. grin

DawnAS: thankQ. shock<scary> about the swine flu. that poor girl hope she will be alright.

HC: thankQ.
no news yet, still feeling AFey sad. but am due on tomorrow so will see what happens.

detox: aww concratulations on your blue bump. i bet your so happy. lol at your DD - so sweet. smile

ceebee: well done for sam on his wieght gain. smile
i am due on tomorrow.

CE: thankQ. i hope maddies sleeping gets better for you. glad that your vist into school was a success.smile

so Af due tomorrow. so would appreciate some baby dust in hope that it wont arrive.

big hugs to everyone. <hugggs>
x

Kay4MattTTC Wed 29-Apr-09 22:47:55

*Bonking Bonkers*

Kay4MattTTC - TTC#1 - cycle10 <nearly11> - CD29 - UCL 25-35 days - ACL 29 days

*Bonked Bonkers*

*Bonkers Babies*

ChocEclair Thu 30-Apr-09 08:54:18

Aww MJIM how lovely - got me gushing and it's not even 9am!

Had a wonderful night's sleep with my little bundle of joy so am a happy mummy today smile

Bonking Bonkers

Bonked Bonkers

Bonkers Babies

Naomi Caitlin - 21/9/08 - 5lb10oz - Now 7 months old, 11lb14.5oz and sitting up unaided

Madeleine Grace - 9/4/09 - being weighed this morning! - 3 weeks old today

Kay tonnes of baby dust and positive vibes * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * **

Ceebee74 Thu 30-Apr-09 09:14:22

Thanks for the new thread MJIM - what lovely messages you always put at the start of them.

Bonking Bonkers

Bonked Bonkers

Bonkers Babies

Naomi Caitlin - 21/9/08 - 5lb10oz - Now 7 months old, 11lb14.5oz and sitting up unaided

Samuel Jake - 20/11/09 9lb 4oz. Now 5 months old, 17lb 9oz

CE glad Maddy gave you a good night's sleep - it makes such a difference doesn't it?

I also had another good night - both boys slept through again and I actually had to wake them both up at 7 this morning grin

I can't believe that prat Ben is still on The Apprentice angry Surely Sralan is just keeping him there cos he makes 'good' TV - in fact I just want to smash the TV in everytime I see his smug, cocky little face!!

myjobismum Thu 30-Apr-09 10:25:14

Morning ladies..... I always think it is nice to start a new thread with something nice grin sets us in good ground to continue!

Ceebee and CE yay for a good nights sleep! Was absoloutely awful here, but nights like that are few and far between so cannot really complain!

oooooo cannot wait to hear what baby Madeleine weighs now..... am shock ed she is 3 weeks already!!!!

Kay - lots of baby dust for you sweetie! keep us up to date please x

HC - yep she is a clever little girl wink but still not rolling and hates tummy time (though this may delay crawling, which is a bit of a bonus as dreading her becoming mobile!!!)

Have a lovely day everyone x

HumphreysCorner Thu 30-Apr-09 10:32:47

Any sign of AF Kay-I hope not!

DD1 has invited a schoolfriend round for tea next Wednesday. Hoping it is dry so they can play outside as friend is wilder than DD1. Infact, I was late taking DD2 to nursery this morning as her mum was telling me how full on her DD was and she felt like walking out sometimes. sad At least she will get a break next week but I need to lay down some rules as this girl helps herself without asking and this drove me a tad mad last time. Was newly PG then and feeling awful so should be able to deal with it this time. DD1 keeps wanting another friend round but she comes on the bus so I never see her mum so don't know how to arrange that one. hmm

Right, must get on. Laters and love to all.

HC
x

juanitad Thu 30-Apr-09 12:39:37

Can't believe we're onto a new thread already!! Well done all you good sleepers. Patrick seems to be regressing and is waking 4 times a night now and not settling quickly after a feed!! I thought it was supposed to get better as they got older!! I can't imagine ever having a full night's sleep again (perhaps I'm being a tad melodramatic there!) Other than that, all is well here, he is a very happy little chap and soooo cute!

Bonking Bonkers

Bonked Bonkers

Bonkers Babies

Patrick James - 25/11/08 7lb 2 oz. Now 5 months old. 14lb 13 oz at last weighing

ChocEclair Thu 30-Apr-09 12:42:13

Well, she now weighs....... 10lb 10oz!!! shock

I think she likes milk .....

Just had a friend round who was due 3 days after me (but her baby is 5 weeks old!). It was fun to compare baby sizes and amount of hair etc! She has a toddler as well and says she's knackered - I don't know how you lot do it!

HC - deffo need ground rules - it's your house so friend abides by your house rules IMO ... that's if she wants to come again!

ceebee - wow! That was a great night's sleep for your boys!

MJIM - sorry yours was a bad night but as you say if that is the exception rather than the norm it's bearable! Your pics are fab as always! Naomi's hair looks lighter but not particularly less of it - very sweet. Bradley just looks adorable as usual!

Ceebee74 Thu 30-Apr-09 12:50:55

CE I always wondered how people coped with more than 1 when Josh was born....but as I realised, when you have a second child, you are not coping with 2 babies, it is a baby and a toddler (who, hopefully, isn't quite as demanding as a baby as they can feed themselves etc). Well done Maddy for her weight gain.

Thanks for the reminder about MJIM's photos - I meant to look last night but the Apprentice got me wink MJIM They are gorgeous photos smile

myjobismum Thu 30-Apr-09 12:52:38

Well done Madeleine grin growing well - will overtake Naomi soon hmm grin

Having a lovely day here - Naomi just got up for lunch after a nap 10-12.30 shock has woken in a wonderful mood though grin

DawnAS Thu 30-Apr-09 13:26:50

Hello all,

CE, what a wonderful weight your little girl is!! Long may it continue!! Also, congrats on having another great nights sleep! grin I, on the other hand, didn't.. sad No idea why, didn't feel poorly, Jelly wasn't keeping me awake, just one of those nights when I didn't sleep well. Oh well!!

Juanitad, sorry about Patrick's sleep pattern regression - let's hope that it is short-lived!! Hoping that the cuteness makes up for it all though!! wink

HC, Oooh about DD's friend... Assuming the little girl is allowed to get away with it in her own house, which is a worry in itself - I assume we're talking about food and drinks, things like that? I do generally find though that when told once, children tend to behave slightly better in other people's houses than their own so once you've told her, hopefully it will all be Ok... smile

MJIM, another beautiful start to the thread!! grin I love to read them and sometimes wish they were longer - grin!! Does make it all very real to me though - scary!! Glad that Naomi has woken in a lovely mood!! grin

Ceebee, Wow, two young boys, both being needed to be woken - sounds like bliss to me!! grin

Kay, any sign of AF hun? I hope not - keeping everything crossed for you!! grin

So, just got back from the Diabetes Clinic. Everything fine again there. They have said that if I continue to control my bloods as well as I'm managing at the moment, they may even leave inducing until after 39 weeks - which would be great! But it will depend on the next scan (36 weeks - 2 weeks time) and the decision will be down to the Consultant. They checked Jelly's heartbeat again and said that it was perfect, no problems there so that's good.

I may need to start taking insulin for breakfast though as, although the readings are still below the worry-threshold, they are starting to rise a little. But that's fine, I'm prepared for that. Hey, if I'm injecting 3 times a day anyway, what's an extra one between friends? grin

They explained more about the induction though and the insulin drip. Apparently when I'm induced, it could take 2-3 days to get started so in that time I just keep eating normally and taking my insulin. They will only need to put me on the insulin drip once I'm in established labour. Once Jelly arrives and the placenta is delivered, they can stop the insulin straight away. They have also said that looking at my pre-GTT reading, it's unlikely that I'll be diabetic after she's born so that is really good news!!

So, I'll have a big choice to make after the placenta is delivered... Greet my baby or eat a mars bar.... hmmm what you guys do?! Ha ha ha grin!!!

Anyway, feeling much better about it all now.

No more news on the Swine Flu. SIL has been given the anti-viral drugs and we're keeping away from them until they're all given the all-clear. It seems the little girl is responding really well to treatment and is only showing very mild symptoms, so that's good news.

Of course it's massive news down here - this is Torbay after all - nothing ever happens here!! They're even doing update bulletins on the girl, in between the half hourly news sessions on the local radio - not sure I'd want to be famous for that reason though... But she seems to be doing well anyway.

Hope you're all having a lovely day. Off to get some lunch now!!

Bonking Bonkers

Bonked Bonkers

Dawnas - #1 due 10-6-09 (a girl!)

Bonkers Babies

Patrick James - 25/11/08 7lb 2 oz. Now 5 months old. 14lb 13 oz at last weighing

xxx

MrsPuddleduck Thu 30-Apr-09 14:33:15

Hi all!

MJIM - lovely start to the new thread. I think you should start every one now. I can't belive Naomi is getting so big. It is a huge relief when they start to reach milestones such as sitting up as they start to entertain themselves more.

CE - Well done Maddie on putting all that weight on! DS1 used to pound the weight on. My top tip is get all of her clothes on her. Ds1 had loads of outfits he wore once then grew out of - thank goodness for Ds2 being such a tiddler!

HC- good luck with your guest. The little girl I mind from DS1's class is the child from hell. I am considering mentioning something to her Mum - I am starting to dread looking after her. My top tip is to be firm - she is in your house and must abide by your rules.

Juanitad - glad things going well for you (with the exception of the sleeping).

Dawn - You seem to be managing really well with the insulin. I think your DH should feed you chocolates while you hold Jelly!

Ceebee - how did you get on at the docs? Hope you are feeling Ok.

Kay - where are you? Any sign of AF?

I am doing OK here only i have started suffering with headaches which is unpleasant as I am not a headache sufferer. I feel like I am constantly ill this time around having breezed through my first two pregnancies. My skin is as bad as ever and I am showing no signs of blooming!

*Bonking Bonkers*

*Bonked Bonkers*

Willmouse - #3 due 14-09-09

*Bonkers Babies*

DawnAS Thu 30-Apr-09 15:30:30

Willmouse, sorry you're feeling so lousy hun... sad I have a headache today, but I'm not normally a sufferer and haven't suffered with them too bad through the PG. But my skin has been AWFUL!! Worst has been my chest and back. After years of being on Dianette (contraceptive with acne treatment), when I finally came off it to TTC, it had worked and my skin had cleared up. Then about 8 weeks into the PG, my back and chest started to get bad. I'm hoping that once I've had Jelly, it will clear up again, but not convinced and I REALLY don't want to go back on the pill again...

Hoping you feel better soon though honey, especially with 2 DC at home and others to deal with for your job - can't help the headaches!!

xxx

HumphreysCorner Thu 30-Apr-09 17:46:33

Willmouse-you are due in October. Bless you, your headache must be awful. I am a migraine/headache sufferer so sympathise and I do keep taking paracetamol plus every time I get one.

DawnAS-I took Dianette for years for my acne but had to switch to the mini pill due to my migraines but that still didn't help them.

Took the girls on the swings after school and another of DD1's class friends who was being collected by her Grandad asked to come and the Grandad said of course, bring her home when you are ready. Was worried as her mum didn't know but all was OK apart from DD1 falling out of a tree and cutting her leg. Didn't let the school friend climb though. She is so sweet and easy to look after so she is welcome to come to tea. grin

Talking of tea, had better make some macaroni cheese.

Kay-are you OK?

HC
x

myjobismum Thu 30-Apr-09 18:22:43

PMSL at Willmouse's comment that they begin to entertain themselves more grin Naomi seems to not have that ability!!!! Never mind!

detoxdiva Thu 30-Apr-09 20:56:59

Evening All

Just a quick fly by to update the stats...

*Bonking Bonkers*

*Bonked Bonkers*

Willmouse - #3 due 14-09-09

DetoxDiva - #2 due 09/09/09 (a boy!)

*Bonkers Babies*

Kay4MattTTC Thu 30-Apr-09 23:20:34

evening everyone.

just a quick update will catch up better 2mozza. AF didn't arrive today. so i will be on the look out for the next week. and then if still no sign i will POAS. blushgrin

Ceebee74 Fri 01-May-09 07:14:43

Morning all - I am sat downstairs, have had my morning juice, Sam's bottle is made....and both boys are fast asleep on my bed and refusing to wake up shock - unheard off!!! Josh came into my bed at 5.30 and fell straight back asleep and I got Sam out of his cot just before 7 and he too is fast asleep grin

I need to do something soon otherwise Josh will miss breakfast at nursery wink

ChocEclair Fri 01-May-09 09:53:32

Morning ladies

Kay - that sounds promising! smileHow long will you be bale to resist testing???? We are notoriuos on here for terribly early testing ...except MJIM who waited a week! shock

All calm here - Maddie is in her moses basket cooing away to the crocodiles on the pattern! I wish I knew what was going through her head!

Another sunny day here so might try to get out for a nice long walk.

detoxdiva Fri 01-May-09 10:47:26

Yes, Kay, does sound promising....good luck with the wait - hope you have MJIM's iron will and not HC's grin!!!!

CE - how lovely to hear about Madeleine cooing away...can't wait for junior to be here now even tho have 18 weeks to go shock. Succumbed in Asda today and bought the first set of blue bodysuits - sooooo cute!

HumphreysCorner Fri 01-May-09 11:26:42

Ooh Kay, you know you want to POAS. Late AF, what are you waiting for? wink grin Hope AF stays away.

detox-am itching to buy something blue after 6 years of buying pink. Got nowhere to put it though so it will be piled up in the computer room. Actually, this will may annoy DH and might make him do something about sorting the girls sleeping arrangements.

Got to school this morning and even more girls want to go with DD1 to the swings tonight. Will take a Dora ball for them to kick around. Hope some more parents come with us as can't always cope with the responsibility.

Maddie sounds so cute, I can't wait but don't want to wish the pregnancy along as it really is the last time. sad

Ceebee-your boys are doing so well. Long may it last.

MJIM-your latest pics are lovely as usual. smile

It was sunny earlier and now it looks like rain-hope not.

Love to all.

HC
x

corblimeymadam Fri 01-May-09 12:30:08

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now