Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Just need a bit of support please...

(14 Posts)
Nelli29 Thu 28-Apr-05 08:29:28

Hi everyone, I have posted a few times on here before, so some of you may remember reading some of my threads. We have been ttc for a year now without any success. My husband has one child from previous relationship, I have none. I was on the pill for many years and after my cycle settled down they ran on a 30 day cycle. I have never been late , no matter how stressed etc I have been but this month I am on day 32 which I know is only 2 days over but I was over excited and tested yesterday and today only to produce a negative result. Is it possible to get a 'wrong' result? If so does it happen often? I really thought it was our turn. My sister gave birth this morning which has obviously made me a little emotional. I know everyone is going through it on this thread but it really is horrble and although I am delighted by the fact I have a new little niece I'm also feeling a little tearful. Thanks for listening.

Nelli29 Thu 28-Apr-05 09:02:09

Have just also found out today that my husbands barmy ex wife is expecting and so is her sister!! Feels like someone up there really has in for me

Nelli29 Thu 28-Apr-05 09:02:27

Have just also found out today that my husbands barmy ex wife is expecting and so is her sister!! Feels like someone up there really has in for me

Slink Thu 28-Apr-05 09:19:37

I am so sorry for what your going through, have you been to see your gp?? i had problems ttc with no 1 and did so after 1 yr, and now 4yrs on ttc for no2 i have finally been refered to the fertiltiy clinic, go to your gp,

I know it is hard when every one around is getting pg and your not. BIG HUGS hang in there. xxxxx

bubbly1973 Thu 28-Apr-05 09:20:25

nelli, i know how you are feeling...happy that your sister has given birth, low because its not happening to you, scared because you are late and dont want to get your hopes us incase your not pregnant.

the test could be wrong, then again, mother nature can be cruel and you are going to expect af.

its a waiting game as you know, if you dont have af tomorrow, perhaps you should do another test

if you are on a 30day cycle, and you tested on 31st day, it could possibly too soon.

do you have any other symptons?

have you had any tests done to see if you an dh are both fine? perhaps now would be the time to go and find out?

sometimes once af arrives, even though you will be gutted, you will pick yourself up and get on with trying for next month, but at the moment you are in limbo and dont know what to think, sometimes that can play on your emotions harder than anything..that not knowing

good luck fingers crossed that you are pregnant
xx

Bella23 Thu 28-Apr-05 09:37:22

Just wanted to pop in say I know how you are feeling, {{{{{{HUGS}}}}
I think take the advice given and go to your GP. He will probably give you a blood pregnancy test as well which will be more accurate
Good Luck xx

Maddison Thu 28-Apr-05 12:23:35

Hi Nelli, I don't want to build your hopes up, but I thought that it was possible to get a false negative result but not a false positive. I would do what Bubbly suggested and re-test tomorrow if af (hopefully) does not arrive.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, and hope you can enjoy good times with your niece

Nelli29 Thu 28-Apr-05 12:27:00

Thank you. I have been to my Gp but he says he will not refer us until we been trying for at least 18months?!! I work in a surgery and I know some people get referred after a year, and I have just turned 30 and feel like that extra 6 months is a long time.I just can't wait until its our turn!

triceratops Thu 28-Apr-05 12:27:04

good luck, and congratulations on being an aunty.

heffalump Thu 28-Apr-05 13:45:12

I understand how you feel when you turn 30, you feel time is running out, right? It isn't. Don't put your life on hold, relax and enjoy yourself and the baby will come when it is ready. Go to your GP and then forget about it. It worked for me.

Nelli29 Fri 29-Apr-05 09:39:07

Just to let you know that I went to see my new neice yesterday who is absolutely beautiful, but ironically af arrived whilst in the maternity unit! Been feeling so up and down, we have my husbands daughter coming today (shes 6) and we are also off for a couple of days with her next week, and where he is looking forward to it because its the first time we have been allowed to take her away I can't help feeling incredibly anxious about the whole thing, I find it so hard watching him with his daughter when I desperately want to give him that! Oh well , I'm sure it will be fine. Thanks for listening x

kerfuffle Fri 29-Apr-05 11:42:44

Sorry to hear that your AF arrived, I'm sure it will all work out in the end. I know this is probably no comfort to you at the moment though. I remember another month seemed an eternity when I was desperate to concieve.

Chuffed Fri 29-Apr-05 11:47:03

Nelli have you been charting, temperature, CM etc during your cycle. If you need referred to further investigation this info is really useful and if you do it for the next 6mths and don't conceive it could take a few months off investigations if they already have that info if you know what I mean.
Read Toni Weschler's book, taking charge of your fertility if you haven't already.

MeerkatsUnite Fri 29-Apr-05 12:02:25

I would have to say the many gynaes don't take any notice of such charts like temp charts purely because they can be unreliable.

I would ask them to write the letter of referral for you now - it can take up to a year to be seen once this request has been made to the hospital. I also think that making you wait another six months before they even consider a referral request is not on again becuse of the further wait that entails to see a gynae.

If your periods have become more erratic and or painful or more heavy over time, these are very good reasons to seek referral earlier.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: