Talk

Advanced search

Medication whilst trying to conceive

(7 Posts)
jane313 Tue 26-Apr-05 20:10:40

If you are take anything that isn't advised during pregnancy how long do you need to stop taking it before you ttc? Ie how long does stuff take to clear your system? I suppose every medication is different but as a general rule?

jane313 Tue 26-Apr-05 21:49:34

no-one?

Pruni Tue 26-Apr-05 21:51:26

Message withdrawn

Pruni Tue 26-Apr-05 21:52:46

Message withdrawn

Flossam Tue 26-Apr-05 21:54:04

Go and see your GP. They may be able to alter drugs to give ones that are safer iyswim. Which are you concerned about? I could look them up for you.

jane313 Tue 26-Apr-05 22:26:05

2 years! oh my god.

Thats so funny

nothing that serious just hayfever (beconase/eye dropa) and the odd asthma spray oh and st johns wort, evening primrose oil, cranberry tablets and probiotics. I would have hoped that the last 2 would be ok throughout and they are my anti-thrush/cystitis talismans

God last time I figured it would never happen first time as I was 36 so I was taking/eating/drinking everything. Then is oent the next 9 months worrying!

bubble99 Wed 27-Apr-05 00:16:51

Most meds leave the system pretty quickly. They may me traceable in a maternal blood sample but not in enough quantity to damage the embryo. Bear in mind as well that the embryo gets it's nutrition/life support from the sac for a while before the placenta forms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now