Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can someone please help / symptoms / pain?

(18 Posts)
newbee23 Thu 21-Apr-05 17:09:24

I am driving myself mad here! Oh, hello, by the way!
Its too early for me to test, not due for a week, but i have been having strange pains on my left side near my pubic bone on and off for the last three days, and last night i had spotting of very red blood for about an hour and a half (sorry for the too much information). This morning the pains have changed, the one sided pain has settled a bit but i'm getting period like cramps at the base of my abdomen now.

Can anyone help me as i don't know whether i should be worried or not, or if i even am pregnant! I do realise i sound a bit mad but this is what my head has been like all day. Any help would be gratefully received.

Oh, and sore nipples.

LeahE Thu 21-Apr-05 17:17:55

All of those could be normal pregnancy symptoms (especially in combination), but equally they don't necessarily mean anything. Which you probably knew already and is Not Much Help.

newbee23 Thu 21-Apr-05 17:24:03

thank you anyway Leah. I think being able to rant is helping!

HandbagAddiction Thu 21-Apr-05 17:36:36

Newbee,

As leah has said, they could all be pregnancy symptons or they could also be PMS related. Guess you need to think whether you would normally get these kind of symptons before your AF or not.

For the record, with dd, I didn't have cramping or sore boobs in the period before my AF was due - the only inkling I had that I was pregnant then was an implantation bleed 3 days before AF was due. This time......I've had some of the same symptons as you ever since I ovulated and me and DH did the deed. AF is now 2 days late..but tests so far show negative....so who knows......

The only way to really find out - agonising as it is..is to wait another week and then do a test

newbee23 Thu 21-Apr-05 22:04:34

I think i'm probably overreacting as usual. Good luck handbagaddiction, hope everything is ok for you.

newbee23 Thu 21-Apr-05 22:05:48

I don't usually get these kind of symptoms for PMS, but then i could have and just not noticed before.

Flumpette Fri 22-Apr-05 04:47:04

Hi. Leading upto discovering I was pregnant my heart was in my mouth as I too had period like cramps which I don't normally suffer from during my normal cycle. I had a very small blob of brown in my pants and thought the worst. Apparently that can happen as part of implantation of the embryo. Thinking of you.

newbee23 Fri 22-Apr-05 11:00:09

Thank you. I'm going to test this afternoon, i know its way too early (7days since ovulation) but i can't resist.

Toothache Fri 22-Apr-05 11:02:44

Newbee - I got a faintest of faint line on Boots own test 5 days before AF was due... which was 9 days passed conception (yes I know the exact date dd was conceived.... so sad ).

newbee23 Fri 22-Apr-05 11:28:55

Thanks, i'll try that one!

newbee23 Fri 22-Apr-05 14:36:10

bfn, try again in a few days.

sparklymieow Fri 22-Apr-05 15:13:14

I think I might be PG too, my boobs are swollen and feel firm. I am tired and feeling a bit sicky. We went away 2 weeks ago and got drunk every night but i'm sure that we used a condom every time... I'm due on tomrrow.

sparklymieow Fri 22-Apr-05 15:14:56

I also know I ov. over that weekend because I had pain on my right side and had to take Nurfeon.

HandbagAddiction Fri 22-Apr-05 16:05:04

Oooh - sparklymieow - how exciting - test, test, test...and get yourself onto the www.orderyourbabynow.com thread and let us know what the results are....

sparklymieow Sat 23-Apr-05 18:29:38

haven't come on yet, was sick earlier while brushing my teeth, test was negative, so going to wait for a few days..

sparklymieow Sun 24-Apr-05 16:33:40

yea came on!!! A baby isn't in our plans atm, so thank god for that....

newbee23 Mon 25-Apr-05 11:04:51

ok girls, i need help here, i've started spotting again and the cramps have come back, but still ot due on for a few days. Should i go to the doctors or am i overreacting again?

bubble99 Mon 25-Apr-05 13:19:54

Hi newbee

I'd probably wait until AF is due before re testing or going to see your GP. Good luck anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now