Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ovualtion and cm question.

(10 Posts)
justfortoday Thu 21-Apr-05 11:43:12

I'm sure this has been asked before but I have searched the archives, promise!

I don't have regular periods as such, they vary from 24 to 31 days. I always used to get cm about 9 or 10 days after my period ended but for the last 2 months I'm getting it straight after my period has finished.

Can this happen and if so will it mean I will be OV?

justfortoday Thu 21-Apr-05 11:53:46

bump

justfortoday Thu 21-Apr-05 12:01:10

Anyone?

I've got to switch off soon but am dying to know!

anchovies Thu 21-Apr-05 12:06:58

Yes cos that would be ovulating on day 6 (or however long your period is). You prob used to ov mid cycle but may now be oving early. Day one is first day of period so count from then. It might be worth temp charting or using ov tests to make sure though.

justfortoday Thu 21-Apr-05 12:12:01

Do you mean checking my temperature?

How does that work?

Why would my ov change?

anchovies Thu 21-Apr-05 12:17:19

Sorry didn't explain that very well!

Are you trying for a baby or did you just want to know out of interest?

As your cycle is not regular it is possible to be ovulating as early as straight after your period (if say your cycle was 20-24 days) where as if your cycle is longer it will be later. I think generally they say you ovulate about 14 days before the first day of your period.

If you are trying it is possible to find out when you are ovulating more accurately by either charting your temperature or by using ovulation tests to find out when exactly it is. I found this site really useful, it explains in more detail.

anchovies Thu 21-Apr-05 12:18:36

Sorry that last sentence didn't make any sense either! Hopefully you catch my drift!

justfortoday Thu 21-Apr-05 12:25:43

Not really trying for a baby but it would be nice

It's mainly just interest and confusion as I always presumed that the best time to ttc was when your oving and I thought that was when I got the cm.

So my period started on the 12th, 25 days after my last one and lasted 5 days like normal and I'm still getting the cm, which would mean I am on day 9 then.

[baffled emoticon]!!!

anchovies Thu 21-Apr-05 12:34:08

Not sure in that case! TBH Ive never found cm very reliable which is why I started charting my temperature. I am very boring though as have a 28 day cycle and ov on day 14! Perhaps buy a testing kit if you're interested enough next month?

justfortoday Thu 21-Apr-05 12:46:01

I've been thinking about buying a persona but atm I cannot justify spending £65.

That link is very good , thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now