Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

HCG levels can anyone help me ?

(7 Posts)
golds Wed 20-Apr-05 15:47:06

I have just had some blood test results back from the hospital.

On Monday HCG was 391
Todays level 696

nurse still unsure and won't say for definate if I am PG got to do another test on Friday

What do you think ?????

harrogatemum Wed 20-Apr-05 15:59:27

well that sounds really high to me! I had an HCG level of 192 when I found out I was pg and was told that was extraordinarily high! I then went on to get mega sick and have twins!

MrsFogi Wed 20-Apr-05 16:03:17

yep - I just checked my lab results on which there is a handy grid (apparently not very reliable for calculating exact number of weeks post-conception but a good indicator) of weeks post conception/hcg level and 1-2 weeks = 40-300 UI/1 and weeks 2-3 = 100-1000 and weeks 3-4 500-6000

golds Wed 20-Apr-05 16:05:49

I'd go bonkers if I was having twins

I don't know much about all this, thanks guys

Cadmum Wed 20-Apr-05 16:46:40

I don't know much about this but thought this site may help. How many weeks do you think you are? Have you done a HPT? here

mummytosteven Wed 20-Apr-05 17:13:45

those levels sound pretty good to me - nicely doubling in 48 hours.

I think when I had blood tests done I was about 6.5 or 7 weeks - my first one was HCG being 2600, my second one, HCG was about 3800 - oddly although my PG ended up being fine, my bloods were coming up more consistent with an ectopic PG than a healthy PG.

scans give a far better picture as to how well a PG is doing, and blood tests can't give a definite answer so I guess that is why the nurse if being so cagey. are you booked in for an internal scan at all?

mummytosteven Wed 20-Apr-05 17:39:41

just stalked you on your Dec thread golds to see if you had had any scans. I had an abdo scan at 6 weeks ish, which was useless. I then had an internal scan at 6.5 weeks ish (after the bloods came back suggestive of an ectopic), and I was very fortunate in that there was a heartbeat at that stage. sometimes the heartbeat might not be visible until 7.5/8 weeks.

an abdo scan is probably at least a week behind an internal scan at such an early stage.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: