Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Periods after birth. Help!

(12 Posts)
flumps Sun 17-Apr-05 20:54:50

Can anyone help me?? DD is 12 weeks old and I have not had a period since birth which was a c section. Just wondered how long it would normally take for cycle to kick in again. Hoping to get pregnant again asap you see ! Thanks

Frizbe Sun 17-Apr-05 20:57:45

For me it took 6mths, other things I've read on here 6 weeks! individaul body preference from what I gather!

pepsi Sun 17-Apr-05 20:58:53

Are you breastfeeding?

flumps Sun 17-Apr-05 21:00:57

no bottle feeding

hellomama Sun 17-Apr-05 21:18:27

do you think you could be pregnant already? don't forget that you only have a period after you have ovulated and not before, so if you get pregnant first, you won't see a period!

flumps Sun 17-Apr-05 21:20:22

i would be thrilled if that was true. Tried for over 2 yrs for this one so fingers crossed. I might get a test just in case!

hellomama Sun 17-Apr-05 21:22:29

you are extremely fertile after birth, so it is really easy to get pregnant very quickly! if you have been having sex and not using any contraception, chances are you could be! Good luck!

bubble99 Sun 17-Apr-05 23:11:09

flumps. I'm in the same situation as you. CS 8 weeks ago and hoping to get pregnant soon. If you're bottlefeeding you're more likely to be fertile sooner than BF, though it's possible to get pregnant again quickly even if exclusively BF. I know the advice is to wait for a year after C section but I can totally understand that you want to be pg again soon. Good luck!

flumps Mon 18-Apr-05 12:04:22

thanks bubble99! Can I ask have you started periods again yet? My midwife said they are supposed to advise 12 month break as well but her personal opinion is that it is fine to have 2 sections in 12 months. She has seen this happen loads opf times and nver been any problems. My GP also did not have a problem with it. I think sometimes all the different medical advice is confusing so I am doing it anyway!!

ggglimpopo Mon 18-Apr-05 12:06:07

Message withdrawn

artyjoe Mon 18-Apr-05 12:37:58

I had a c section and am bottle feeding and had my first period exactly 8 weeks after the birth...personally there is no way I could go through pregnancy again just yet but you must be feeling great so good luck with it all x

piglit Mon 18-Apr-05 14:25:49

Flumps - I had my ds by c-section 6 months ago. I got my first af 7 weeks after he was born (I was exclusively bf) and fell pg at the beginning of last month. I am now 8 weeks pg and my consultant says there is no evidence that 2 c-sections so close to each other is "bad". He says that they advise a 6 month wait because it is hard enough bringing up a new baby without having to deal with all the first trimester symptoms. He also says that nature is a great thing and if your body couldn't handle a pg you wouldn't get pg so soon. I know it will be hard but I always wanted more than one db so I may as well get on with it! Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now