Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

PROBS TTC AFTER DEPO INJECTION OR CONTRACEPTIVE IMPLANT?

(19 Posts)
twinklemummy Sun 17-Apr-05 12:16:28

HI there

was wondering if anyone else who has stopped having the depo injection or the contraceptive implant removed ,has found difficulties in ttc after it for a long time.

have discovered on another site that it can take as much as 18mths before conceiveing again after using the depo injection and some have had this prob and werent warned when taking the depo u dont always conecieve within a year after u have stopped taking it.

i had the contraceptive implant in for 2yrs bene removed for a year have been tcc since with no sucess and believe it,s all down to this,others that have been on the pill dont seem to realise why we cant catch as easily.

no one i know what told of this prob when agreeing to use these forms of contraception.

was wondering if anyone else had experienced similar probs

will be seeing my GP soon for advice

have 1 dd but on was the pill at the time so dont know how long it take me to concieve

loads of baby dust to ev1

tc twm

twinklemummy Sun 17-Apr-05 19:46:33

anyone got any adivice or experience after taking the depo then ttc

munz Sun 17-Apr-05 19:48:11

no advice for u but wil keep u bumped up. i'm sure one of the girls on the ttc threads will be able to help/ the baby order thread if u wanna stop in.

twinklemummy Mon 18-Apr-05 13:31:36

hi thanks will take a look

Moomin Mon 18-Apr-05 13:35:24

There are a fair few threads on depo. I'll see if I can find any for you.
I was on depo for nearly 2 years and it took me a whole year to get my periods back after I stopped having them. I wasn't ttc at the time so I don't know when I became fertile again, but the nurse at the fpc said that she wouldn't recommend depo for any woman thinking of starting a family within 2 years. Everyone reacts differently though - some women start their period again straight away and have no problems.

Moomin Mon 18-Apr-05 13:39:26

Here you go: one here

twinklemummy Mon 18-Apr-05 21:52:52

hi thanks will take a look struggling to find out much as most have had the depo instead of the implanon

twinklemummy Tue 19-Apr-05 14:31:53

what are everyone.s else experinces in the past?

twinklemummy Wed 04-May-05 12:48:16

anyone new to the board with any ifo or tips?

Nik72 Wed 04-May-05 12:52:39

Implanon hasn't got the same delay of return to fertility as depo, theoretically your fertility should return straight away after removal. Good luck.

twinklemummy Wed 04-May-05 22:45:32

doesnt have appeared too sadley

Bonkerz Wed 04-May-05 22:48:18

I came off the depo injection in May 2003 and didnt concieve till June 2004. We actually went for tests to see if i was ovulating and found out we were pregnant. Unfortunately ive not had a successful pregnancy yet but dont believe this is due to the jab.
My GP did tell me when i came off the jab to wait atleast a year to let my body settle down and i didnt have a period until October 2003.

starshaker Wed 04-May-05 23:10:46

i was on the injection for only 6 months and it totally messed me up i didnt have a period for 3 years after and then it took another 2 for things to get back to normal was put on the pill to try and sort things out and as soon as i went on pill i fell pg with dd

babaworshipper Wed 04-May-05 23:26:59

I conceived within 6 weeks of having implanon removed - first ovulation. I was expecting it to take longer so was a bit of a shock. Got a lovely wee girl out of it though.

I was on depo previously and took about a year to return to normal on that though so they are definitely different ifswim

rabbits Thu 05-May-05 11:05:09

I only came of depo 2 months ago (after taking it for 7 yrs!) so I know it's early days ttc, but is it still worth taking folic acid, vit B6. baby aspirin & agnus castus even though I haven't had a period yet?
ps - i heard about the links with osteoporosis (loads on the web) but my GP said that this was more a risk for younger women whose bones have yet to be fully developed - anyone know any more?

twinklemummy Thu 05-May-05 18:11:54

hi woeeies now as implanon was remoeved last may 04 and ahve not yet concieved depsite having regural periods etc geeting worries now as to what wrong?

milesysgirl Thu 05-May-05 18:27:12

hi every 1 i come od depo in aug lasy year still not had a period or ne signs of 1 in the near future going to see my doctor in june and he said he would refer me as we have been ttc no 2 since i come of depo so depressing ive never wanted my period so much in my life!!!

milesysgirl Thu 05-May-05 18:28:00

thought i should add i had the depo for 2 years....

twinklemummy Fri 06-May-05 11:16:37

hi no worries ,hope the GP can shred somem light on it for you,gonna go see mine soon and see that everything is ok

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: