Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Rapid heartbeat - Can this be a symptom of early pregnancy?

(4 Posts)
mewbilly Fri 06-Mar-09 11:29:01

Hi,
Been TTC for 3 months. BFP due Mondayish (am very irregular - cycle lasts between 30-35 days), but have been feeling very strange for past few days - tired, irritable and huge spots on my face (which I never get, not even premenstrually).
But also fast, almost erratic heartbeat.
Can this be a sign of early pregnancy?

nunnie Fri 06-Mar-09 11:43:53

Hi
I have always suffered with a rapid heart rate it didn't get any worse when I was pregnant but that doesn't mean it isn't a sign, just didn't appear to be one for me, that might be the cause of being irratable and tired though. It is always worth visiting the docs especially when you notice something different with your heart.

As for being pregnant I would personally leave the testing until later next week, expecially if your cycle is irregular, if AF hasn't arrived by the 35th day I myself would test then, and fingers crossed for a BFP.

I still recommend the GP visit though just as a precaution.

Good Luck

mewbilly Fri 06-Mar-09 11:54:31

Thanks, nunnie!
It's difficult to know what to think as the symptoms (apart from the rapid heartbeat) are just like PMT symptoms.
One can't help but hope though!

nunnie Fri 06-Mar-09 13:25:27

I know exactly what you mean, and it may well be a good sign, don't give up the hope, that is what keeps me sane (as sane as sane is for me).
I just think if you test now, it might be negative, cos it is too early, then you will spend the next week, worrying that you are moving into your 4 month of trying, then the stress and worry may delay your af, and then comes false hope and another negative.

I am not for one second saying you definatly are not, but I would wait to test then there is no doubt in the result, hope that makes sense.

TBH, I wish I took my own advice sometimes shock

Fingers crossed it is a good sign for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now