Talk

Advanced search

Self indulgent moan - why is the whole blardy world pregnant except me?!!!!!

(15 Posts)
corblimeymadam Tue 17-Feb-09 20:42:20

Message withdrawn

Joolsiam Tue 17-Feb-09 20:46:08

Can I join in for a scream - have already done the sobbing thing tonight ...................................................................

There are now FOUR pregnant ladies in the office where I work - ALL of them are due on or around what would have been my due date in May

One of them asked me today when I was due, obviously mistaking my post MC comfort eating, choc guzzling belly for a PG one - cue me running sobbing from the office

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg gggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!

Good luck with the IVF

bananapaddlepop Tue 17-Feb-09 20:47:30

tell me about it! I feel exactly the same, I've had about 10 friends (plus sister and SIL) either get pregnant or have babies in the last 6 months.

i hate them.....in my jealous mind.

corblimeymadam Tue 17-Feb-09 20:48:20

Message withdrawn

corblimeymadam Tue 17-Feb-09 23:46:25

Message withdrawn

NorthernLurker Tue 17-Feb-09 23:50:15

Jools - what a stupid woman! It is my golden rule to never ever ask anyone when they are due - unless they are wearing a baby on board t-shirt and look to have swallowed a beachball when I will risk it!

Ladies - good luck with your efforts and I hope you all have very good news soon.

peanuthead Wed 18-Feb-09 09:21:13

i'm not pg either bb. so that makes at least 5 of us. and just had 4th failed IUI and now also preparing for IVF which fills me with utter utter terror and gloom.

and yes bloody facebook. someone else with a new baby today. can't bear it.

sifuentes Wed 18-Feb-09 09:42:27

Hahaha I totally know what you mean and i avoid FB for precisely that reason, belgianbun too many profile prictures which are either just the baby or mummy and baby. blerurughgh.

I know about 58 people who are due on or around the time I should have been, about 97 who are giving birth around now or in the next couple of months. so je comprends totally.

ray81 Wed 18-Feb-09 10:43:13

hey can i join in the moan?????

Have been TTC for 5 years and had my 3rd mc in nov. So fucking fed up with people that are pg, since i have been ttc my sister has had 3, my mate is pg with her second and every other bugger has had a baby too. When is it my turn? my other sisters baby is 9 days old and he is lovely but i just hate it.

I know how all of you feel i promise and wish you all the best of luck.

corblimeymadam Wed 18-Feb-09 11:04:49

Message withdrawn

chubbymummy Thu 19-Feb-09 20:11:08

I've just stumbled across this thread and it sums up perfectly how I am feeling! AF arrived today just after I'd been to visit my friend and her (unplanned) newborn. I'm soooo envy.
I've been ttc for over a year now and although I became pregnant my joy was short lived when I miscarried in October. Had to have a ERPC as my body didn't pass the baby naturally after it died and despite everyone telling me that I would be highly fertile for a couple of months following it I've had no joy (just horrendously heavy painful periods). I have 3 friends who are all due around the date my baby should have been born in May and I feel like everyone I know is either giving birth or getting pregnant. In the last week 2 close friends have announced their pregnancies, one has had IVF so I'll let her off!!!!!!!!!! but the other was in her first month of ttc (she's pushed in the queue - I WAS FIRST!!!!!!).

Tigresswoods Fri 20-Feb-09 17:13:03

Girls! *jumps up and down with something like excitment* I want to join in too and say hell yeah, isn't everyone just so smug on FB about the prego thing.

Starting to wonder if maybe me and hubby aren't doing it right!?

Not been through anything as long an ddrawn out as some of you on here but after just over a year I am sick of it. I don't think a week goes by without someone innocently asking, "So do you think you'll have children one day?"

I go from,

"Hmm, yes one day maybe..."
to
"Yes, FFS we ARE trying!"

And while I am here, do you know what else is very annoying? People who have been trying for a month (yes, a whole month) getting on here and going, "Is it possible to be pregnant after 2 hours/should I test even though we only had sex last night/is eating, sleeping or weeing a symptom?"

Sorry, rant over, supportive, nurturing, kind lady returns.

So, anyone got a stock answer they always use when asked if they want children?

corblimeymadam Fri 20-Feb-09 17:22:24

Message withdrawn

corblimeymadam Fri 20-Feb-09 17:24:01

Message withdrawn

Tigresswoods Fri 20-Feb-09 17:30:12

Hi belgianbun, I have thought about that response but don't want to appear too unhinged just yet ;-) Not that I think your sister was of course.

Things moving for us atm, DH had sperm test results abck and all good. I have suspected PCO and appointment to see nice consultant at private hospital week after next so feel like we are moving in the right direction. Could cover all this with people who ask, "Do you think you'll have children one day?" but fear their eyes wil glaze over and I will share too much.

Will just have to content ourselves with getting some practice in and reading about ALL my friends' babies on FB.

sigh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now