Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Did you concieve using the withdrawal method?

(176 Posts)
Hmmmmmmm Mon 11-Apr-05 06:58:01

Ok, we did the deed on day 18 of my cycle. Dh withdrew before "you know what" and day 18 was after my egg-whitey mucus stuff.

But our children have been concieved very easily (first month of trying) so I'm well aware that I could be and as "It only take one" and we seem to be Mr&Mrs fertile the odds seem to swing towards a +ve rather than a -ve.

Did you concieve with the withdrawal method but after your usual time for ovulation (our 3 children were concieved between days 12-15 of my cycle).

I'll be going to the chemist after the school run so I will know for sure later today but wanted to do a quick poll to see how many have on here.

BTW I'm am a regular poster but don't want to bradcast my potential news just yet as a few RL people who know me use this site.

Hmmmmmmm Mon 11-Apr-05 06:59:15

Typos......sorry no excuse either as I did preview

Hmmmmmmm Mon 11-Apr-05 07:15:07

forgot to say I was due on yesterday and have had absolutley NO sign of it arriving which is very unusual for me.

Elf1981 Mon 11-Apr-05 07:21:29

I would say it's possible. At end of the day, it only takes a little drop of sperm to get pregnant, which would have "leaked out" into you before you DH withdrew.
As your children were concieved very easily, I'd def buy a test today to know either way.
Were you wanting to get pg?

Hmmmmmmm Mon 11-Apr-05 07:26:19

I would be over the moon to be PG and DH surprised when I siad I was worried about telling him as I thought he'd think I "made" it happen but he seemed quite pleased and was even looking at 7 seaters last night.

It wouldn't be the end of the world.

nailpolish Mon 11-Apr-05 07:38:44

both my dd's were conceived using withdrawal methods!!!

dh and i call ourselves mr and mrs fertile too

nailpolish Mon 11-Apr-05 07:39:20

i hope, if you are pg, that is it all good for you

best of luck whatever you wish for

Hmmmmmmm Mon 11-Apr-05 07:42:31

Thanks NP.

I have to admit I really hope I am. Yesterday before I told Dh I really hoped I wasn't becuase I thought he'd be thinking bad of me.

nailpolish Mon 11-Apr-05 07:48:35

you sound like what i was like!

i wasnt taking the pill or any contraceptive, me and dh were scared of having babies although we really wanted to, so it was like if it was an accident, we wouldnt be held responsible! (in our minds anyway) then we acted all surprised when i was pg LOL

keep posting and let me know

Toothache Mon 11-Apr-05 07:49:26

Hmmmmmmmmmm - Both my kids conceived scarily easily too! I'd say that there's a good possibility you are.

Out of curiousity are your kids girls or boys? Just thinking of the theory that an egg fertilised early in y9our cycle will most likely be a girl.... later in your cycle it's a boy! So if you have 2 girls at the moment..... then 12-15days is early on in your cycle and 18 days would probably mean a Boy! Just curious.

Hmmmmmmm Mon 11-Apr-05 08:13:12

Toothache???!!!??

not trying to work out who I am are you??

Lets just say if I am then by your therory(sp?) i'll be expecting another boy.

Hmmmmmmm Mon 11-Apr-05 08:14:12

can't believe I spelt "theory" wrong after you'd spelt it in your post.....durrrrrr!

Toothache Mon 11-Apr-05 08:14:58

lol! No no honestly I wouldn't pry!

Ah well, that's that theory shot out the window then. Ho hum.... s'pose I'd better do some work.

nailpolish Mon 11-Apr-05 08:19:56

im rubbish at working out who people are

you will have to keep posting so i can find out

Hmmmmmmm Mon 11-Apr-05 08:25:06

The clock is ticking very slowly, we've all been ready for school for ages and I desparately want to get to the chemist.

hoxtonchick Mon 11-Apr-05 08:27:14

you can't be cod as the typing's way too good

Toothache Mon 11-Apr-05 08:27:34

Okay... so you have 2 kids.... at least one is a boy... and at least one is of school age...

>pondering emoticon<

Hmmmmmmm Mon 11-Apr-05 08:28:33

3 kids toothache....come on get with it woman.....

Toothache Mon 11-Apr-05 08:30:03

God I'm crap at this supersleuth lark!

Hmmmmmmm Mon 11-Apr-05 08:32:44

Defo not Cod hoxton.

LGJ Mon 11-Apr-05 08:33:24

Can I guess ??

LGJ Mon 11-Apr-05 08:34:39

PLLLLLLLeeeeeeeeeeeaaseeeeeeeee

Hmmmmmmm Mon 11-Apr-05 08:36:46

go on then???????

LGJ Mon 11-Apr-05 08:37:12

Nom de plume

Toothache Mon 11-Apr-05 08:38:09

LGJ - NDP only has 1 child... I think.... can't remember how many stepchildren though....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now