Talk

Advanced search

Would an OPK show positive if you were pregnant - possibly sensitive, as not TTC

(3 Posts)
LaMer Tue 10-Feb-09 17:31:22

Have had two condom breaks this month, one ten days ago and one a week ago. Decided not to take the MAP. Did a couple of OPK's and agreed that if I got a positive then we would discuss the MAP or coil, but I didn't get a positive.

Very crampy today and have a positive OPK.

I suppose I want reassurance that this is actually ovulation and not early pregnancy. But I remember reading that + OPK detects HCG as well??

Obviously pregnancy would not be devastating or it would have been the MAP without question but I feel so confused.

SalBySea Tue 10-Feb-09 17:35:34

I had a few days in a row of +ive OPKs after conceiving. (Thought they were duds and swore off non digital tests - duh!)

I think if they stay +ive for more than a day or two it can be an early indicator of pregnancy (but not sure?????)

LaMer Tue 10-Feb-09 17:53:22

Thanks Sal.

Would I get a + HPT this early? I feel like I just need to know. I know it is very unlikely though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now