Talk

Advanced search

had an eptopic been given methotrexate and feel awful :(

(5 Posts)
hyperloo Tue 10-Feb-09 14:31:17

after suffering from x 3 MC over 3 yrs had a yr off and been TTC for 13 months... and then just had traumatic eptopic experience and I just feel so ill on top of my emotional anguish.. does anyone know how long the effects of this drug will last?

Lubyloo Tue 10-Feb-09 14:45:50

Hi Hyperloo,

I am sorry you are having such a rotten time. I can sympathise. I have had two miscarriages and an ectopic which was also treated with methotrexate.

Aside from the emotional aspect of what you are going through methotrexate can make you feel very wiped out and it can take a few weeks to start to get your energy levels back.

I found the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust forums great help and very supportive. Have you looked on there? I hope you have some good RL support too.

MrsHappy Tue 10-Feb-09 16:58:38

Hi hyperloo

I am sorry you are going through this. I have had 2 ectopics, one of which was treated with methotrexate.

My experience was that about 2 days after the shot I had terrible stomach cramps and my belly swelled up. According to the internet, this is called "separation pain" and is the drug working. I was then exhausted the next day which continued until about 5 days after the jab. For the first couple of weeks my hormones were plummeting and that was hard to deal with (I was all over the place) but after two or three weeks was back on an even keel. It is different for everyone, so go easy on yourself and make sure you take it easy (Physically as well as emotionally).

I second the recommendation that you check out the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust. I found them very helpful.

I hope you feel better soon.

hyperloo Wed 11-Feb-09 11:32:00

Thanks Lubyloo and MrsHappy. I will go and check out the Eptopic Pregnancy trust...
I just feel surprised that the dr did not tell me all this stuff - when i asked him about the side effects he vaguely mentioned - "oh some sickness perhaps, some stomach ache"...
if it wasnt for mumsnet and the internet i wouldnt know.. !

thanks so much for both of ure kind words..

Lubyloo Fri 13-Feb-09 22:13:24

Hi Hyperloo,

Just thinking about you and wondering how you are doing? Hope you are ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now