Talk

Advanced search

First AF after coming off pill

(11 Posts)
golds Sat 09-Apr-05 08:24:45

In your experiences, has your first AF been late after not taking the pill. If it has, by how long ?

munz Sat 09-Apr-05 09:14:48

mine was early, althou I have a friend who's only had one AF in 6 months caoming off the pill, althou I think theres a few underliying probs there, apparently they can take up to a year to get back to normal. how late r u?

golds Sat 09-Apr-05 10:19:38

Well, I had been on the pill only for approx 3 months, I forgot to renew my prescription and thought Oh well.

AF was due Monday gone and I have some conflicting syptoms. I have been having period type pains off and on, skin gone oily, so you would think it on its way. On the other hand my chest feels tight, I feel sick and I am extremely tired.

The deed was done, albeit only once on day cd14

munz Sat 09-Apr-05 16:02:57

once is all it takes hon! have u tested?

colinsmommy Sat 09-Apr-05 16:34:27

Yes, because I was pregnant.

golds Sat 09-Apr-05 17:15:43

No I haven't yet, as I feel I am overreacting. I have had sickness & tiredness before when AF is due, but not combined with being late. I thing if it hasn't turned up by Monday I will test then.

Just wanted to know if anybody was late and had not been PG, is it normal to be slightly adrift on dates when first coming off pill ?

golds Mon 11-Apr-05 13:56:42

Just incase anyone is interested, did a test today and got a BFP, now I'm panicking

hoxtonchick Mon 11-Apr-05 14:12:04

congratulations

Cadmum Mon 11-Apr-05 14:26:58

Congratulations! My DS1 (now 8) is the result of exactly the same procedure!! Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months followed by a lifetime of beautiful memories. Enjoy every minute.

golds Mon 11-Apr-05 14:45:07

Thank you

munz Mon 11-Apr-05 20:58:32

ooh yay big congrats! (cheekily asks if u can drop some baby dust into the TTC girls thread?) DH is home thins month and I'm really hoping!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now