Talk

Advanced search

Pg symptoms but no pg??? Please help

(5 Posts)
kiera Fri 08-Apr-05 12:10:39

Hope maybe someone can shed some light on this for me, it's driving me slowly crazy.

Last month I was convinced I had conceived even though I couldn't get a BFP as I had all the symptoms – sickness, off tea, constipation, went off all sweet things even chocolate(!!!), bloated, trousers tight, tender boobs, implantation cramps. Then I got AF 4 days late.

This month I have been convinced again as I have got some symptoms although not as many as last month - queasy in the morning, evening and if I rush about too much eg walking quickly with the buggy (my ds is 18 months), stressed and "hormonal", and achey down below, but no changes in food/drink preferences, no constipation. I tested at 12 dpo last night, so it was almost 13 dpo,and got a BFN again. This was with Clearblue which from what I have heard are pretty reliable. I tested again today with First Response and again a BFN. But believe me I am not imagining this sickness.

I never had a natural pg before and now I am worried. I had 2 previous pgs, one of which gave me my ds, both of which were conceived with Clomid as my AF never came back when I came off the pill. A year later my AF returned in regular cycles again and I was getting ov pain on the right day (AF exactly 13 dpo). So I was hopeful. Now I don't know what is going on!

Thanks for listening,

K

expatinscotland Fri 08-Apr-05 12:18:21

I've found my PMS is even worse since coming off the Pill in October (DD born June, 2003). It mimicks pregnancy symptoms more and more since then, especially the week before AF arrives. Don't know if it's age (34) or peri-menopause or what, but I'm sick of it and although I was going to start accupunture in June, I'm phoning my therapist up as soon as AF arrives on Sunday and starting treatment next cycle. Accupuncture works WONDERS at decreasing these nasty side effects of being a woman.

Like you, I get all these effects yet am not pregnant.

I've found taking a magnesium supplement has greatly reduced the dodgy tummy, mood swings, and sore boobs.

We are also TTC no. 2 w/no luck, even though Persona tells me I am ovulating on CD15 or 16.

I'm beginning to think it's age as I never felt like this before.

kiera Fri 08-Apr-05 12:33:30

It's wierd though but I never noticed symptoms like this before and I had regular AF for a year before trying. We were using condoms so no pill to mess up my system. Which makes me think it is all imagined but how can that be? It's not like I think about it then feel sick, it washes over me when I least expect it....

expatinscotland Fri 08-Apr-05 12:39:44

Seriously, I'm beginning to think age is playing a role for me. I went off the Pill in October, and since then have gotten incredibly sore boobs, nausea, gone off foods, had cramps, etc. before AF arrived. Last cycle was 34 days as well.

I don't have a lot of faith in Western medicine when it comes to hormonal symptoms like this, so I'm going to try accupuncture again.

For months, I wasn't falling pregnant. Went to accupuncture, was pregnant the next month.

Worth a try at any rate. I'm definitely not as fertile as some women and can use all the help I can get.

dramaqueen72 Fri 08-Apr-05 18:35:38

hi kiera, I found you!
unfortunately, af can change the symptoms you get month to month esp if its after a pg/the pill/m/c or anything similar. as both the early stages of pg and af involve an increase of the same hormone they signs are very alike obviously.
if you dont get af keep testing, some people have found it take awhile for pg to show up.
I hope a BFP or af shows up soon and solves the puzzle for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now