Talk

Advanced search

Am a bit worried about wonky periods

(7 Posts)
lucysnowe Thu 05-Feb-09 08:35:04

Hi all

Before I gave birth 10 months ago I had PCOS and really loooooong period cycles. Now tho my periods seems to be really short - 12/13 days or so - or else I seem to be having frequent mid-period bleeding.

Is this common for PCOS ladies or should I be worried?

Thanks!

greenbeanie Thu 05-Feb-09 08:55:49

Are you still breastfeeding - I had similar cycles for a few months whilst breastfeeding and they gradually resolved themselves. Could be your hormones just sorting themselves out after pregnancy etc.

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 05-Feb-09 09:32:42

I would ask your GP for a referral to a gynae. Mid period bleeding is something that should be checked out further.

PCOS unfortunately does not go away completely.

lucysnowe Thu 05-Feb-09 11:00:34

Alas, not bfing. I did wonder if it was my hormones gone mental as I always did have v. irregular periods. Thank Attila, will ask gp...

banjaxed Thu 05-Feb-09 21:08:35

I got a few of these every so often between 9 and 18 months after birth of my DD. Don't have PCOS that I know of.

lucysnowe Sat 07-Feb-09 19:50:55

Thanks banjaxed. Did everything get a bit more regular in the end? I seem to be on the EWCM stage now which is a bit confusing...

banjaxed Sun 08-Feb-09 09:19:33

Not entirely sure to be honest. My last 3-week cycle was in May, followed by several 4-ish week cycles, many of which had BFPs too (chemical pregnancies). I had a mmc before Christmas, so I think I'm back to 28 days now again, but who can be sure?

I don't know about PCOS. If you're concerned, give your GP or HV a ring and they'll put your mins at ease.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now