Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this an implantation bleed?

(25 Posts)
lovecloud Wed 06-Apr-05 20:15:21

Hi

We are kind of trying for a baby and had sex exactly 14 days before my period due date which is this Sunday the 9th.

Today I noticed some discharge on the toilet roll which was tinged red - very slightly.

Could this be an implantation bleed?

If I found out the end of this week that I am pregnant, does this mean I am two weeks pregnant?

lovecloud Wed 06-Apr-05 20:16:00

Sorry - that should say Saturday 9th

fisil Wed 06-Apr-05 20:16:51

No, you'd be 4 weeks pregnant. Could be implantation bleed, could be your period. How long is your cycle?

munz Wed 06-Apr-05 20:18:58

well, this hapened to someone else on here, she bled 3 days BF AF was due, got all upset etc.. but was only a browny disch for one day then on her actual AF due date she tested just to see really and it was a BFP so there's hope until the old witch comes flowing! let us know how u go.

lovecloud Wed 06-Apr-05 20:22:34

hi

my cycle is usually 28 days but the last two were 29 days

i have flu at the moment and i have been taking lots of nurofen and strepsils so I hope that is not dangerous

lovecloud Wed 06-Apr-05 20:24:35

hi fisil

sorry for sounding stupid but I am always confused with the conception date, because we had sex 14 days before my due date, isnt that date your ovulation date and if two weeks later would make me two weeks pregnant???

We have nit had sex much so I think that time was the only time this month

lovecloud Wed 06-Apr-05 20:33:16

bump

Twiglett Wed 06-Apr-05 20:33:56

pregnancy is counted from the 1st day of your last period, not from when you actually conceived

BUT

the "you ovulate 14 days before your period starts" is complete bollocks, that is often spouted by medical professionals (much to my personal disgust)

the 14 days is a statistical average which means that you could ovulate 10 days before, or 20 days before (10 days is minimum time to allow pregnancy to establish)

you can do a pg test 10 days after ovulation (early response type)

lovecloud Thu 07-Apr-05 09:46:08

hello twiglett
so if i was to work out my ovulation date, my cycle is 28 days but the last two have been 29 days so maybe i should use that.

i have not had anymore discharge or signs of blood/period, it was just that once yesterday.

lovecloud Thu 07-Apr-05 09:59:09

bump

alux Thu 07-Apr-05 10:20:45

here is a website that can help to explain implantaion and has some cool images. The wording is a bit technical but it also has a glossary to help with definitions.

implantation

Arabica Thu 07-Apr-05 14:10:15

Hi lovecloud. I'm a health journalist and about 2 years ago the British Medical Assn reported a study which found a link between painkillers like neurofen (Ibuprofen) and miscarriage, where the first pill had been taken around the time of conception and drugs had been taken for a week or more (which is far longer than most of us would take them for)
So best advice is to stick to paracetomol if you are ttc.

Laylasmum Thu 07-Apr-05 14:27:05

Twiglett it is true that you ovulate 14 days before the first day of your period. The length of your cycle is irrelevant so if your cyle is 21 days you would ov on day 7 and if your cycle is 42 days you would ov on day 28 it is still always 14 days before you bleed so it can only be worked out retrospectively.!!! ( don't want to cause an argument though!!!)

lovecloud Thu 07-Apr-05 15:47:49

Arabica - I have been taking nurofen for 4 days now due to a very painful throat.

I am a bit unsure if I have just had an early miscarriage, my period was not due until Sunday - I am very regular. My partner noticed some blood on my pj's (not dressed because im ill) i bled through my clothes, no pain or anything, normally before a period I have cramps and spots but nothing!!!

the bleeding stopped and is quite red.

could it be a very early miscarriage, someone here said i would be 4 weeks.

or maybe my period just decided it would come early for a change

ill make sure i dont take nurofen again!

katierocket Thu 07-Apr-05 16:02:19

not true that you always OV 14 days before the 1st day of your period. That is the norm but it is not so for everyone. Some women ov early or late.

alux Thu 07-Apr-05 16:04:07

you would not have cramped because you were taking nurofen anyway.

I bled a tiny bit b/c of implantation. It was just a dab of blood. To me, unfortunately, it does not sound like implantation from your description (bright red and on yr pj's). fingers crossed and hoping that I am wrong.

lovecloud Thu 07-Apr-05 17:26:48

Hi

I dont think this is implantation bleeding either now.

My period is now heavy.

I guess its best to not think about it but I cant help thinking if i have just lost a baby, my periods are always dead on time and never 5 days early - ah well.

My friend and I have been trying together and she found out two days ago that she was and I was convinced I was too because i have been weeing so much its ridiculous and feeling so emotional and normally I get very bad pmt and spots and I have had nothing.

I think i heard on here that losing a baby so early you dont need to do anything, alot of people probably lose babies at early stages without even realising.

I really want another baby right now so i guess thats why it hurts.

See? I am thinking too much it could have been a freak early period and thats it?

I hope it was not because of me taking nurofen.

lovecloud Thu 07-Apr-05 17:36:23

bump

alux Thu 07-Apr-05 18:33:53

no, you don't need to do anything else. the only reason to go to the hospital would be when a placenta had already formed. Just think. You know that you are fertile now. No reason to try for next month. your body has not yet gone thru a total upheaval so it should be all right.

Nurofen is very good medication as it has many of the properties of aspirin. I would still drink it but not when I was pg but it didn't occur to me about when you are ttc. Like aspirin, it thins the blood too but not to the same extent as aspirin. Hence I think that it may have sparked a miscarriage.

I was amazed that you took nurofen for a sore throat. I only take something like strepsils as it has painsoothing qualities, medication to combat the infection, numbing effect and the enhance production of saliva keeps the throat moist as well as saliva having antibodies to combat the infection. If strepsils doesn't work, then see the doc.

Arabica Thu 07-Apr-05 18:50:41

I should add that the research only looked at 1000 women which isn't a definitive study.

lovecloud Thu 07-Apr-05 21:02:24

hello
since sunday i have had a very sore throat with head cold and pain chesty cough were my whole chest aches
the gp rec i take nurofen, i really noticed how it helped wiyh my sore throat, if i did not take it for a day it would feel like i swallowed knives.
i am going to get fit and well and make sure i am not taking any kind of medication before i try to conceive,i normally just let my body deal with bugs but this time it was too bad

alux Fri 08-Apr-05 06:41:32

I feel a bit bad as I speak to bluntly sometimes. Please don't make my comments condemn yourself. It is also quite possible that nurofen has nothing to do with the poss. m/c. I believe that it is 25% of all pregnancies end in miscarriages anyway and that most women never knew they were pg anyway. You are aware of the possibility b/c you were paying close attn to your cycle.

I had a m/c a few yrs ago at 12 wks. I will never know the reason why. I always wonder if going scuba diving about 5 times had something to do with it. It wasn't advised not to dive while pg but I sometimes still wonder if that had something to do with it.

lovecloud Fri 08-Apr-05 19:19:58

Alux - no offence taken.

When I say we are ttc, not in such a serious way more of if it happens then it does kind of way.

We have not had sex for two weeks anyway due to me being ill and busy etc.. If I was thinking about trying for a baby properly I def would not take anything especially nurofen, I fell ill, took the medication then this week felt odd and tgen my period started very early so it brought lots of questions up like "am i" " was i" etc...

My period is still here and going strong, guess I have to just not think about now if it is a m/c.

I am quite run down at the moment so I need to get myself back on track, get fit and healthy and then try properly.

Sorry to hear you lost a baby at 12 weeks - cant imagine how you must have felt. You sound like a sport person and they usually say sporty people can continue as normal up to 4 months pregnant so it could not have been your fault.

take care

Diddle Sat 09-Apr-05 10:14:19

lovecloud - your period coming early, doesn't necessarily mean that it was a m/c. as you are so run down and poorly it could have been that, which sparked the early period. Don't worry yourself, when its the right time it will happen. Staying positive will keep you healthy.

lovecloud Sun 10-Apr-05 00:06:08

Hello

I was trying to just think that it was an early period but my periods are always bang on time and very light, this month I came on 5 days early and so heavy it went through clothes and this morning I nearly had a heart attack I suddenly felt something coming out of my vagina and went into the loo to have a look and blood clots were just making their way out - YUCK...sorry! I remember after I gave birth the same feeling, I passed a blood clot the size of an orange and a satsuma about an hour after having my dd. I know its quite common to pass small clots during your period but surely to not feel them making their way out. The weirest thing is the bleeding seems to have stopped???

Maybe it was m/c or maybe from being so ill my periods came heavy, early and with blood clots.

If it was m/c then it was and thats it I guess, no point in thinking about it and making myself feel upset.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now