Talk

Advanced search

Can't work out my pregnancy test result. Please help

(9 Posts)
Jennnifer Sat 10-Jan-09 15:45:38

Just took a test even though my period isn't due until Friday and it had the faintest almost not even there line and now I can hardly see it, only if I hold it in the daylight and even then it's ridiculously hard to make out.

I've read about evaporation lines, could it just have been that?

sweetkitty Sat 10-Jan-09 15:50:55

When did the line appear was it after about 15 mins or was it there from the off.

What type of test was it, was it an ebay cheapie?

Friday is 6 days away and if you are pregnant you would have little or no HCG present yet as the egg has to implant to start producing HCG and this can be up to 10 days after conception.

You know what I am going to say, test again about Tuesday or Wednesday first wee of the day.

Trick I used with ebay cheapies do two tests together one with your wee and one with water or better still your partners wee dip them both together and compare, I got the faintest of faint lines on my one, that line is now 6 months old.

Good luck

Jennnifer Sat 10-Jan-09 15:54:43

It was more definite early on now it's barely there and only on the top (it's a clearblue one) the not pregnant line down is absolutely there and the tiny pencil fine thick line is only there on the top and in certain lights.

Evaportation line then?

I'll test again on Friday so I know one way or the other for sure then.

sweetkitty Sat 10-Jan-09 16:36:15

Hard to say without seeing it

I wouldn't be able to wait until Friday I would be peeing on sticks from about Tuesday (have no willpower whatsoever)

Geepers Sat 10-Jan-09 17:01:29

Does it have blue dye? If so they are notorious for false positives, particularly after 10 minutes.

Go and buy a First Response. I got a positive on one last Saturday, 6 days before my period, and 8 days after ovulation.

MrsHappy Sat 10-Jan-09 22:03:03

Is it that the vertical line is very thin and slightly to the left of center?

I have had a few like that last year and Clearblue tell me that it is a negative if the line does not have normal thickness.

Now, to add to the confusion, I actually was pregnant that cycle but when I had the weird CB tests all others (including 10miu ones) were negative, so I do not believe there was detectable HCG in my wee and that the CBs were actually negative, even though I (2 weeks later) started to get BFPs.

Sorry not to be of more help. I now go by the rule that if I can see it on a photo it is a positive but otherwise it is not!

yellowflowers Sun 11-Jan-09 22:53:26

I had false clear blue positives couple of months ago including weird one where line came up quickly then disappeared then came up again after ten mins becoming very strong after an hour but remained thin though it was blue, and was also off centre. Happened twice with ones from different packets. Wouldn't ever trust them again.

Jennnifer Mon 12-Jan-09 12:26:34

Yes it was exactly that Yellow, so I tried a First Resonse today and it came back negative.

Am I testing too early? I'm not due on till Friday.

MrsHappy Mon 12-Jan-09 12:38:00

You might be testing too early, yes.

Wait until at least Wednesday and then you can have a bit more confidence in the result.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now