Talk

Advanced search

Tilted Cervix

(17 Posts)
Lottielou Wed 30-Mar-05 15:06:26

I was just wondering if any of you know if having a tilted cervix will cause problems for me TTC?

RnB Wed 30-Mar-05 15:13:19

Message withdrawn

marthamoo Wed 30-Mar-05 15:13:56

Best friend has this and has had two babies - no problems with conception.

Pamina3 Wed 30-Mar-05 15:15:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Keane Wed 30-Mar-05 15:18:24

well i had to prop myself up on a pillow had tried for well over a year with my daughter and I went for a smear and she said, you know you are retroverted and it may take a while to conceive. i said well how could i make it easier and she said prop your bum up on a pillow after sex. Well i conceived the first time i tried it and the first sort of month trying with my son, ie. wasnt really bothered about getting pregnant at all at the time

psychomum5 Wed 30-Mar-05 15:20:55

Well I got told I may have conception issues with my tilted uterus (and cervix too I guess, altho they never said)...

I now have 5, and all fell in the first month for those that I tried for!!!!

Keane Wed 30-Mar-05 15:28:37

smears are quite horrendous though
a nurse once said she couldnt find my cervix

and a midwife at the hopsital fetched a midwife with the longest fingers as i had the longest tightest one she had ever examined

Lottielou Wed 30-Mar-05 15:31:58

yeah when i had my smear a couple of weeks ago she couldn't find mine, it was sooooooo painful she had to use the longer instrument to find it. Ouch!

nailpolish Wed 30-Mar-05 15:52:07

i have a cervix thats really tilted back, mw had probs trying to see how much i was dilated at each labour, but i had no probs at all conceiving

conceived both times in the missionary, if thats any help!!!!!!!!!

psychomum5 Wed 30-Mar-05 16:08:03

oooh yeah...forgot the smear issues

<<<<<crossing legs at the memory>>>>>

Nemo1977 Wed 30-Mar-05 16:10:17

apparently i have a posterior? cervix which i think means it is high up and in an awkward position..lol No probs with ttc but smears etc r a nightmare as they dont seem to be able to reach and when i was induced with ds i felt like her hand was going to come out my throat..sorry tmi

Gobbledigook Wed 30-Mar-05 16:22:22

I've got a tilted/retroverted uterus too - I've got 3 ds's and got pregnant at the first try with all of them.

Didn't do anything in particular iykwim - didnt' even know I had it until 20 wk scan for ds2. Midwife did say it can make it take longer TC but clearly not always!!

pinkmagic1 Wed 30-Mar-05 16:26:17

I have this too and had no problems concieving at all, it Only took 4 months. Smear tests are always difficult and I had a very difficult labour and birth although I don't know if this was connected.

foxinsocks Wed 30-Mar-05 16:29:42

I too have a retroverted uterus and at smears I feel like the doctor has put her whole arm inside to find my cervix - truly uncomfortable! I have heard that if you have unexplained fertility (i.e. they have examined every other cause) and you have a retroverted uterus, they will often pin the blame on that.

Was also told that with a completely retroverted uterus (so pointing completely the wrong way like mine apparently!) the best way to get the sperm in prime position for the cervix is by doggy style sex because it aims the sperm in the right direction ! I don't know if that's true or not but I guess there's no harm in trying different positions!

colinsmommy Wed 30-Mar-05 18:10:11

I have both a high-up tilted cervix and uterus. I've concieved both mine in much faster-than-average time. With DS, I had a very quick and easy (as far as labor goes) labor. Hope it goes the same for the bump, too. I read somewhere (can't remember where) to help with conception in this case, to turn over a couple times after having sex, and that will help the sperm along. You never know, I guess. I did that, and got pregnant in under 2 months.

triceratops Wed 30-Mar-05 18:49:50

Me too - and no problems concieving either time.

HappyMumof2 Wed 30-Mar-05 19:54:27

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now