Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Exercise and conception

(6 Posts)
peachespaige Mon 05-Jan-09 14:09:19

Hi there.
I do 2 classes a week of high impact aerobics, lots of running and jumping etc. Will this affect my chances of conceiving? Im just about to ov and have bd so I dont want to ruin my chances.
Thanks

Issy42 Mon 05-Jan-09 23:16:59

AFAIK you are OK to continue exercise that you usually do but you shouldn't start anything new.

There are some that say that you shouldn't do stomach exercises though. I have read that's not true but I don't risk it.

1LittlePrincess Mon 05-Jan-09 23:40:23

I think that, that should be fine. If it helps when I concievd my DD I was a professional dancer. My friend is a dance teacher and areobic instructor and she has 2 DC.

I think that the rule is dont start doing anything new, and dont push your fitness levels. Just stick to what you know you can do. HTH

Good Luck smile x

Joolsiam Tue 06-Jan-09 09:09:28

peaches - when I conceived, I was doing 8 classes per week - a mixture of weights classes and high impact aerobics. I suspected immediately that I was PG because I became so exhausted one day, I just could not continue - the weights seemed soooo heavy !! 3 days later, in a Spinning class, I was working hard and started getting stomach cramps, so slowed down - I got my BFP the next day

I reduced the intensity to cut out the higest impact classes and worked at a lower intensity in the others, but my GP and fitness instructors were happy to let me continue, not least because I am overweight and need to exercise to stop putting any more on. I have been told by a number of people that if you are going to MC, cutting out exercise is not going to prevent it, so you may as well carry on with what is comfortable and your aerobics teachers have agreed is safe.

peachespaige Tue 06-Jan-09 11:04:24

Thankyou for your replys.
Its silly but I thought "what if all the jigging about shakes everything loose"!!
Stupid I know.blush

spats Fri 09-Jan-09 21:11:03

I did the dance of the cygnats (ballet) when i didn't know i was pg and i was fine, however i must admit when ttc this time i have held my stomach whilst doing my dance, stupid i know as if that would hold it in!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: