Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would I be mad to try for no2 ...

(5 Posts)
bibiboo Tue 29-Mar-05 00:31:17

when dd is only 5mo? Up until just a week ago I was declaring that I would NEVER go through pregnancy and labour ever again, until I actually thought about having another baby and realising I sooooo want another. I cannot imagine dd being an only child.
What sparked this off was feeling grossly sick and having sore boobs earlier on this weekend and taking a pregnancy test, which came out negative. I was a bit disappointed! There is no way we oculd cope financially if I gave up work, and I'm not sure MIL could cope with looking after two little ones for us, so having another so soon would be totally impractical and stupid, right? And that's not to mention that a double buggy could not even fit on the back seat of my car, let alone in the boot! Please talk me uot of this.

kama Tue 29-Mar-05 01:34:45

Message withdrawn

kama Tue 29-Mar-05 01:35:05

Message withdrawn

Chandra Tue 29-Mar-05 01:52:07

I went through that phase for several months after DS's birth, but two years on PND is still around, hormones are all over the place and I'm not yet able to get my head to work as well as it used to do before pregnancy, so...although I still want another child, there's no power in Earth that may convince me to go through another pregnancy.

jabberwocky Tue 29-Mar-05 04:48:15

I went through this too and still do occasionally. However, like Chandra, PND, etc. mean it's not a good idea. Also, the older ds gets, the more involved I am with him and the less I want to share my time with a second child. He is 19 months btw. I would chock it up to hormones for now and wait a bit to see what happens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now