Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TTC success !! thought id share a bit if info!!

(7 Posts)
festivedollyx Mon 22-Dec-08 14:45:30

Hi all i had been on the ttc thread as (broodmom) we had been ttc for over a year with 2 mc & 2 dds.I am "overweight" (always have been!)so not "ideal" pregnancy material well according to nhs!!! hmm

I had been charting my cycle every month and my cycles went like 33,36,40,33,35,39,34,36 days and lasted 3 sometimes 5 days long and always very very light(from what i charted)

I am now 23 weeks pregnant my last Af was 22nd june (it was really just streaky mucus sorry tmi) blush but according to the dr and baby scan i got pg on 29th July! which meant i got pregnant on day 38 of my cycle!! i have had 3 scans now and all confirm the baby is the correct size for these dates i cant get my head around it as it does not tie with any fertile signs i had or anything!! i have a diary of cervical signs etc i had kept and when i get the time i will post it on for others to read.

I just wanted to share this, i read every possible bit of info i could when ttc and its interesting to me how late i seem to have concieved, makes me wonder how long the cycle was going to be!

My due date is 21st April according to scan dates, if i went by lmp it would be 29th March so we will see when the baby is born!!!!!!!!!

terrier141 Mon 22-Dec-08 14:50:22

Hooray festivedollyx !! Thats amazing - congratulations, hope all goes well! Basically then we should just keep shagging all month (my dh will love this ttc plan!) xx

yellowflowers Mon 22-Dec-08 16:23:44

thanks for this - so easy to get carried away with charting etc so good to have a reminder that sometimes it happens when you least expect it. Hope your pregnancy continues smoothly.

Also I am overweight - a generous size 20, so good to know other overweight women do conceive.
x

festivedollyx Mon 22-Dec-08 21:43:51

Aww thanks lol (yes def keep it up wink all month)xx terrier

Yellowflowers i was obsessed with charting honest! and the cycle i got pg i was about to give up!! Im a 20 on top (mahoosive boobs blush )and 18 on bottom, so it does happen xxxx

Comma2 Mon 22-Dec-08 23:19:47

Congrats!
Sometimes there can be more than one ovulation in a cycle-- especially with "older" gals, as in 30 and up. It never hurts to keep trying!

beanieb Mon 22-Dec-08 23:23:22

Was the cycle you got pregnant in really long then? Ie you conceived on day 38 and your period was 2 weeks 'late'? Or did you have what you thought was a period in between day 38 and when you got the positive?

festivedollyx Wed 24-Dec-08 00:09:37

period never came so i dont know when it would have been!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now