Talk

Advanced search

Anyone TTC after a Mirena Coil?

(13 Posts)
LaCerbiatta Wed 26-Nov-08 12:34:03

I'm having mine removed on Monday.
I have no idea how long before a period or for cycles to go back to normal.

Anyone conceived quickly after having one removed?

TIA

LaCerbiatta Wed 26-Nov-08 13:45:10

bump...

divedaisy Wed 26-Nov-08 14:46:20

Hi tugamommy - i had one removed and was told by my gp that i could conceive immediately! You don't have to wait for your cycles to restart. I didn't get pregnant immediately, but that was cos DH didn't want to start for #2 then...

noodle12 Wed 26-Nov-08 17:43:19

Hi there.

I had mine removed on 22 Sept. My GP told me to wait a cycle beofre I TTC.

Period started on 26 Sept and lasted a week and had a cycle of 32 days. Then tried but no luck but DH reckoned there would still be drugs in my system, but on cycle 2 which started on Oct 30 and have just discovered I'm PG so yes - it goes back to normal pretty quick!

Good luck smile

Deeja Wed 26-Nov-08 17:58:08

I've been reading up on conception after coils. But anyway yes most of the literature says you can start right away.

LaCerbiatta Fri 28-Nov-08 12:41:00

Congratulations noodle!

Thanks for all your replies. Fingers crossed it will happen quickly! smile

sunshineday Fri 28-Nov-08 14:16:21

tugamommy good luck on Monday I go to see my dr on Tuesday and hope he will remove my coil then. I just hope it dose not hurt (I'm an absolute chicken)

sunshineday Fri 28-Nov-08 14:17:30

sorry I mean the following Tuesday 9 dec

noodle12 Sun 30-Nov-08 12:53:21

sunshineday it doesn't really hurt just a bit of a quick cramp! Take a couple of paracetamol about an hour before you go and that really helps.

I've had coils for a few years so have gone through it a few times. To be honest it's not nearly as bad as a smear.

Last time I had the copper coil removed I was pregnant within 3 weeks and this time, with the Mirena, as I posted before, within 6 weeks so good luck everyone smile

LaCerbiatta Tue 02-Dec-08 08:23:34

I just had mine removed yesterday. It didn't hurt at all! It was indeed not nearly as bad as a smear!

The nurse told me that since my cycles are usually long and a bit irregular I could have to wait up to 3 months for a period to come back.... sad. I'm quite confident that it will be a lot quicker than that though!

Noodle: does that mean that the first time you didn't even had a period? Or did you have one straight away and then got pregnant? As far as I uinderstand you must ovulate first to have a bleed, right?

NJD1 Wed 10-Dec-08 08:08:38

I also had mine removed yesterday, and apparently you can get pregnant without ever experiencing a bleed as ovulation occurs first. In any case, I'm planning to conceive early next year, I already have 2 children from a previous marriage and my partner has no children. I am 38, and so have some obstacles to get over so am sure I will be feeling the pressure soon! My coil was in for about 5 years.

NJD1 Fri 28-Aug-09 16:21:16

Hi,

after 8 months of quite regular cycles, we have conceived - most of the delay according to my GP is my age - 40 next year. Good luck to all those trying

NJ

Meanbeansmum Sat 29-Aug-09 21:31:25

My mirena came out in the bath... ::-? I had just been checking the wires were still there...2 mins later it was swimming in the bath (ewwww and omg) it didn't hurt, that was 4 months ago, no bfp yet but I am still bfing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now