Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sore boobs - views needed

(11 Posts)
summermagic Tue 04-Nov-08 13:36:32

Hello

I was just wondering whether anyone had a diffinitive answer to my plagueing question. I've asked a few people but everyone says different things.

If and when I ovulate I almost instantly start getting sore boobs which get progressively more sore in the two weeks leading up to my period eg this month I ovulated on Thursday and started getting sore boobs on Saturday evening.

My question is - if this is a normal PMT symptom for me and it's happening this month - does that probably indicate that I'm not pregnant because if I was preg then I wouldn't get PMT symptoms?

One friend reckons that your body would act as it normally would until the time of implantation so my symptoms at this point (4dpo) would be the same as they usually are regardless of whether I was pregnant this month or not.

Has anyone who's been pregnant before had sore boobs that early because I certainly don't remember it being that early with my son.

I am also on clomid so it could be a side effect of that I suppose but I didn't have it while I was taking them.

Sorry to be so long winded but I am becoming obsessed with getting an answer to this question.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

MrsHappy Tue 04-Nov-08 13:40:14

AFAIK, sore boobs are caused by progesterone (which is why you get them from ov). Since progesterone is the domonant hormone until your period starts (and continues being produced if you are pg) it would be entirely normal to have sore breasts in either situation.

summermagic Tue 04-Nov-08 14:19:23

Oh thanks so much for that. I really appreciate it.

CoteDAzur Tue 04-Nov-08 14:24:15

I only ever got sore boobs before AF when TTCing. They were so sore that I had to hold them when going down stairs shock

Now I am 11 weeks pregnant and boobs haven't been as sore as that at all.

I think there is a very large and not entirely understood component to psychology and fertility, and this sore boobs while TTC is part of that.

Jools1 Tue 04-Nov-08 14:27:59

I always used to get vastly inflated and mildly sore boobs 2 days post ov. The month I got my BFP, they did exactly the same thing !

spats Tue 04-Nov-08 14:43:43

you have read my mind summer. i was wondering if you get pmt symptoms until implantation. I usuall y get sore boobs but this month they are tingling rather than sore, but it is only about 3 dpo so think too soon to be anything???

pauline42 Tue 27-Jan-09 14:14:21

hi i am 42yrs old and have had 6 children, but i got sterilized after my youngest daughter was 6 weeks old, i dont know which one i had done but i normally only get sore boobs a week or so before a period, but i have pcos so my periods are all over the place. but over the last few weeks i had sore boobs even though i had a period 2 weeks ago, i dont think im pregnant but i am losing weight aswell. i dont know what to do has anyone got the same problem please,

Cazza28 Tue 27-Jan-09 14:30:14

Hi summer

I just got by BFP this week and my boobs were killing from 6dpo (although seems to of ease off a bit now.) I never get sore boobs until maybe the day before AF normally. I also had AF type cramps from 6dpo so I would say pregnancy symptoms & AF systoms were very similar for me just started a lot earlier then usual.

Good Luck!

beanieb Tue 27-Jan-09 14:30:27

I have noticed that I get throbbing boobs when ovulating and again when my period is about to arrive. Have not managed to get pregnant yet so not sure if I would get sore boobs when pregnant.

Pauline - when was your last period, could you do a test. I think it's rare for sterilization to fail.

summermagic Thu 19-Feb-09 17:40:32

Congratulations Cazza. That's brilliant news.

Pauline - maybe you should take youself to the docs just to check it out. I've got PCOS and I find it can do all sort of strange things to hormonally.

Still no BFP for me yet so will keep on riding the TTC rollercoaster.

Thanks for all your messages.

brettgirl2 Thu 19-Feb-09 18:18:25

My symptoms of early pregnancy were identical to AF symptoms - so much I was absolutely convinced that I wasn't pg for a couple of weeks. I had PMT, sore boobs, period pains, just like usual really. The doctor said this was quite common! My first actual PG symptoms were probably around 5 weeks when I started feeling hungrier and my bladder felt odd. It's impossible because everyone is different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now