Talk

Advanced search

Metformin

(3 Posts)
malinki Fri 11-Mar-05 07:39:05

Hi Ladies, anyone out there on Metformin at the moment. I started taking it last week, I have been on Met before and it never bothered me, this time I have nausea and have been sick on several occassions, I know you are not supposed to touch alcohol on these things, but I can't even walk into a pub without the onset of nausea.

I have been given 800mg to take x 2 a day, the first 2 weeks I have to take only 1 tablet cut into 2, then start on the 1600 mg.

Is this normal (and no I'm not pregnant, had a test done on Thursday at the Reproductive unit (IVF clinic) in Leeds.

sparkly Fri 11-Mar-05 08:19:11

I have to say my experience with metformin was very much like that. Felt really ill for the first month or so that I was on. I don't know how often I was ill but the nausea was enough to put me off eating anyway! I can't remember what dose I started on but I think I had it twice a day at what was probably 800mg.

Hang in there - it will hopefully get better.

angelfire Mon 14-Mar-05 08:11:37

Malinki - it does get better - I am now on 1500mg daily but whilst working up from 500mg I had bad tummy upset etc. Took about 2-3 weeks to feel back to normal

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now