Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

short lp

(8 Posts)
spats Sat 01-Nov-08 17:11:39

i am getting more and more paranoid as i read things on mumsnet and iternet. Now i think i may have a short lp!! didn't have last month but may have this month if af arrives on time. QUESTIONS - what is this about vit B6 and ac? What dose do you take and does it work. I need the info now so if af comes i can start taking supplements as soon as. ta x

MrsHappy Sat 01-Nov-08 21:44:32

Please stop worrying.
You didn't have a short LP last time so what makes you think you will this time? Because you ovulated later than normal? If so that will probably make your period come a bit later - just wait and see. Your LP is normally more or less the same length (give or take a day) it is the period up to ovlation that can vary massively.

ScroogeAllYearRound Sat 01-Nov-08 21:51:32

Spats I think you're getting a bit too wound up by this when nothing points to there being a problem. Are you noting down ovulation according to opks, your body's signs or both? How long have you been ttc?

spats Sun 02-Nov-08 14:37:05

ovulation due to opk.usually have a 27/28 day cycle. last month used opk and pos at cd14 and af arrived cd27. but this month opk not pos until cd19 so if i have my normal 27/28 cycle then it will be a short lp. ttc for 4 months. managed within 1st month for both ds which was lucky. now having to actually try its a difffrent , more stressful, matter!

lastboxoftampons Mon 03-Nov-08 10:03:02

Spats - please stop stressing. Your LP is a fixed amount of time. If it was 12 days last time, it should be 12 days again this time. If you ovulated later, then your period will arrive later. You won't have your normal 27/28 day cycle this month, you should expect your period around CD31.

beanieb Mon 03-Nov-08 10:41:14

Have to say - the LP isn't always fixed.

Anything under 10 days might be a concern but I don't think you should worry Spats.

MrsHappy Mon 03-Nov-08 10:43:46

No, it isn't always fixed, but for most women it is more or less the same length each month.
I still think you have nothing to worry about Spats. Most likely your period will show up appropriately late this month. If it doesn't and you seem to have a short LP over a few months, that is when you should look into it further.

anniemac Mon 03-Nov-08 10:59:55

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: