Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How accurate are early pregnancy tests???

(5 Posts)
Cillapops Thu 30-Oct-08 10:44:50

Being an impatient person, I bought some early pregnancy tests of the internet.

I have been feeling a bit off but I am so desperate to be pregnant that I may be making myself have symptoms.

I've have just done a test, AF due in 5-6 days, and there is a faint line. It's faint, but definitely there.

Are they accurate??? Don't want to get my hopes up if they're a load of rubbish!

thegreatescape Thu 30-Oct-08 10:48:15

If its coming up positive then you are pregnant as otherwise those hormones aren't in your body at all. However, not sure what test you are using, as i think most come up 2 lines for pregnant. One of these lines are a tester line to check the kit is working properly so you know if you have no lines faulty test, one line test working but negative, 2 lines = jackpot! If it is a positive, congratulations! I have my fingers crossed for you..

Cillapops Thu 30-Oct-08 10:51:49

No, have checked the instructions and there is definitely one control line and one other line if positive. It's one of those dip tests, I am just wary as it was a cheapy from the internet. I will do a "proper" one next week as an absolute confirmation.

Can't concentrate on anything now!

Phoenix Thu 30-Oct-08 10:53:42

Congratulations

I don't think you can get false positives but i may be wrong.

Why not go and buy a first response test?

thegreatescape Thu 30-Oct-08 10:56:26

Agree with phoenix. Suspect the likelihood of you waiting til next week is slim wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now