Talk

Advanced search

HELP me pass this 2 week wait!

(12 Posts)
dramaqueen72 Thu 10-Mar-05 10:17:04

god, its only just started, my 2ww til i can take a pg test, but its already killing me. i neeeed distracting, BIG TIME! I tell myself rationally 2 wks is a short time, but its not feeling like it, take today, its only 10.16am...sigh..
help!

beansprout Thu 10-Mar-05 10:20:19

It's 10.20 (according to my watch) now!!
Give yourself something else to do. Treat yourself. What would you suggest for me? Good book? Massage? Arrange lots of meet ups with friends? Are you at work? Questions, questions!!!

That has to be another minute now....?!

dramaqueen72 Thu 10-Mar-05 10:23:30

thanks beansprout! nope, i am at home reading far too much mumsnet!!! its driving me mad cause whatever i do DO, its still there at the back of my mind. i'm obsessed!

beansprout Thu 10-Mar-05 10:27:39

I know, it's awful. Are you trying for your first, or have you got children already?

beansprout Thu 10-Mar-05 10:30:00

Ah, just seen your other post - not your first!!!

The way I try to view horrible waits is, 2 weeks (say) is 2 weeks. Do I want to torment myself or can I let go, knowing that I cannot possibly make time pass any quicker, and do lots of other stuff instead? Soooo hard though. Hey, it's 10.30 now!!!

dramaqueen72 Thu 10-Mar-05 10:30:18

actually i have 3 already two older ones (10 and 13) and one young one (21mths). this is me trying for our last one, after two missed m/c so i'm kinda wound up about it!

beansprout Thu 10-Mar-05 10:31:39

I'm sorry, I didn't know that. Was not trying to be flippant or anything. Fingers crossed for you and hope the time goes quickly for you.

dramaqueen72 Thu 10-Mar-05 10:34:29

thats okay! you didnt come across as flippant i have counted that the earliest i can test is ten days post ovulating, which is next thursday, tho wouldnt really expect a + result until 12 dpo.....so its only really a 1 wk wait for me isnt it? i feel better already!

beansprout Thu 10-Mar-05 10:36:28

Yay!! Fingers are very firmly crossed for you. Hope it's good news!!

MizZan Thu 10-Mar-05 12:26:06

DramaQueen, I'm with you here as you may have seen on other thread! Got my positive OPK on the 4th and the wait is killing me. Trying to convince myself not to test too early esp. as got the + OPK on cycle day 27 so it does seem VERY unlikely things would have worked this month, but hope springs eternal.

suggestions to pass the time...organize easter craft or baking activities for your kids? watch a good movie, or 3? get yourself out of the house whether to a friend's or just down the street to a bookshop/coffee shop - just don't go to boots

MizZan Thu 10-Mar-05 12:55:36

beansprout are you on the 2 ww as well? and when is your T-Day?

Cadmum Mon 14-Mar-05 16:23:12

dq, Tell me about the signs/symptoms that you are experiencing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now