Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Maths Question!

(5 Posts)
Moogatron Fri 24-Oct-08 14:13:15

Hi y'all. I am CD11 in a 31 day cycle and only see DH at weekends although I'm lucky that he's home on Monday which will be CD14. Although we'll be BDing anyway as I haven't seen him all week (sorry if TMI!), but from your collective wisdom, do you reckon it will be reproductively pointless and i shouldn't get my hopes up? Am I destined for another month of nothing as the ovulation days are prob 15/16/17? This is the annoying thing about only seeing a DH or DP at weekends!! ARGHH any thoughts greatfully received and I hope you all have a good weekend!

PS, have been doing the grapefruit thang.

Glimmer Sat 25-Oct-08 05:43:14

No, I think you could be fine. The sperm can survive a few days as far as I know. Just make sure you have a special evening on Monday :-)
I conceived DS while husband (mostly) on another continent, so it can be done...

Issy42 Sat 25-Oct-08 21:32:02

Sperm can survive for up to 5 days but more commonly 2-3, so def worth trying Monday.

Other than that I wonder if you could keep some in the fridge lol.

I have the opposite problem. Am having DI -the clinic isn't open on Sundays and the nurse and andrologist have to come in unpaid on Saturdays. I've had 4 of my 6 attempts on a Saturday. I always get them a box of chocolates but still feel guilty for dragging them in.

Good luck - sending you babydust.

rainbowdays Mon 27-Oct-08 09:00:04

Moogatron - I got pg with my first while I was working away all week every week, just seeing my dh at weekends, the month I got pregnant,I ov'd on the thursday, and I was convinced there was no way it was possible for me to have concieve that month, but it happened!

As glimmer said, sperm can survive 5 days and you have a two day window during ovulation, so just weekends is fine, just make sure you have lots of fun each time you meet!!!!

Moogatron Tue 28-Oct-08 15:04:40

thanks for your replies! Did not get to BD as much as we wanted to, when I fell off the top of a ladder. In a lot of pain- bits of me hurting that I didn't know I banged. My hip, ribs and neck are particularly sore!! I think next month may be better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now