Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Question about Clomid.

(6 Posts)
Phoenix Wed 22-Oct-08 12:34:23

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2005 after going through all the tests. I was given Clomid and conceived ds on the 4th cycle.

Since having ds (now 2.8yo) i haven't been ovulating so i think i'll need Clomid again. I really want another baby now but keep putting off going to the GP.

How easy was it to get Clomid a second time round? Did you have to go through the fertility tests again?

RealityGap Wed 22-Oct-08 13:02:36

hi Phoenix

I awnsered this question for you the other day

you will probably be refered back to the assisted conception unit, but shouldnt have the all tests again - they will probably do blood tests and a scan before you start but it should be easy enough

good luck with it

Phoenix Wed 22-Oct-08 19:23:44

I know you did RG thank you. I started a new thread because you were the only one that did answer. Just wanted a few more answers or someone who's been through it

RealityGap Wed 22-Oct-08 22:26:28

Sorry realised that it sounded short after I sent it - :S hormones huh!!

How did you get on phoning the GP?

I have been through it - our first 2 dc are IVF and FET babes and our 3 dc was a clomid baby (4th cycle)

We had private IVF for the first 2, but due to me loosing a lot of weight, we asked to be referred to try clomid again (we did try it when ttc dc1)

We were seen at the clinic they did blood testing and then a lap and dye to check my tubes, as that hadn't been done and then prescribed me clomid.

Someone else I know had had 2 clomid dc, and had previously got the clomid prescribed by her GP but protcol had changed, she was seen at the clinic and was given the standard blood testing and started straight away on clomid and became pregnant on the first month with twins.

hoping this helps

Phoenix Thu 23-Oct-08 10:04:45

Just got back from the GP's and she is sending a referal letter to the Jessops fertility clinic in Sheffield who i was under before so i'm very happy now and annoyed at myself for putting the gp appoinment off for so long when it was so easy hmm. She said it will take about 4-6 week to hear from Jessops but at least i've got the ball rolling.

Are you pg now RG?

RealityGap Thu 23-Oct-08 13:25:41

Fantastic that it has been so easy so far hoping that continues - it certainly was easy for us once we got seen at the clinic.

No I am not pg just now - I would like to though :S although DH isnt so sure!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: