Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Could a high cervix cause problems concieving

(4 Posts)
espares Sun 19-Oct-08 22:02:46

Hi
This will probably sound like a really stupid question but since having a cervical smear 2 days ago my mind has been working overtime on this.
I have been ttc for over a year with no luck however went for a smear test a couple of days ago and the nurse had great difficulty finding my cervix and I was there for ages.
She eventually managed to find what she thought was my cervix and said that it was extremely high and that it was small.
Now I am worried that this could be hampering my chances of concieiving due to the sperm not reaching the cervix.
Could I be right in this or is this stupid thinking feel free to tell me I am being daft but it is now causing me great concern.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 20-Oct-08 07:22:36

If you have been ttc for over a year without success then a referral to a gynae should be sought from your GP. Both of you need to be evaluated further to see what problems there are preventing conception.

What are your periods like; if they are irregular and or painful in nature then medical advice should be sought in any event.

Would not think that your cervical position is actually the root cause{s) of subfertility but you need to talk this over with a gynae at a hospital unit.

Do seek a referral asap.

HTH

liath Mon 20-Oct-08 07:36:53

Position/size of cervix shouldn't have any effect on conception but as Attila says if you've been TTC for a year it's worth seeing your GP for some tests to check you are ovulating etc.

2manychips Mon 20-Oct-08 08:18:37

hi, I too have been told I have a v high cervix-am always getting called back for smears as they cant get enough cells. But conceived my first dc at first attempt and just started trying for second.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now