Talk

Advanced search

7 DAY COUNTDOWN - Anyone testing around the WKEND of 25th...PLS Come Join

(179 Posts)
Waiting2Exhale Sun 19-Oct-08 13:57:48

Hi ladies, I'm due to test on the 25th October and would love company on the last 7 days to testing. It would also be lovely if we could all support each other and check/contrast symptoms during the latter 2ww stretch.

I reckon this might actually be my month this time as I have heard once you actively take control of your situation and make an appointment to do something about it, sods law is you don't need the help...Well here's hoping as my appointment is on Wednesday with ARGC to hopefully start IUI. While we may actually have to pay for the initial consultation, as I doubt I will get a positive this early in my cycle, here's hoping we won't need the help.

To date I have had a massive temp dip and rise on cd9/10. It feels as if my period is about to start and have had a bout of gas blush. Other than this am really hopefull as we managed to bd loads on the run up to ov grin.

Waiting2Exhale Sun 19-Oct-08 13:58:48

Just in case I do need the help, does anyone have anything nice to say about ARGC. Actually anything at all, good or bad...?

ILikeYourSleeves Sun 19-Oct-08 20:21:51

Hiya, I'm not really at the same stage of the 2ww as you but just wanted to say that a friend of mine went to ARGC for IVF and got 2 BFP's (currently PG and has a 1.5 year old DS from previous IVF). This was following many failed IVF's elsewhere, she cannot praise Dr Taranissi enough! How long have you been TTC? Good luck this month, we are (sort of) TTC again as we had DS a year ago from IVF so now TTCing naturally but I reckon there's nil hope given our fertility situation and I'm still BFing too. Oh well I can but hope! I'm on CD 32 and feeling crampy, I kept knicker checking!

ILikeYourSleeves Sun 19-Oct-08 20:22:38

keep knicker checking d'oh

thaliablogs Sun 19-Oct-08 20:38:54

Um no I have nothing good to say about ARGC except that obviously they get quite a few women pregnant. THey are incredibly un-patient friendly, rubbish communicators and prescribe unecessary treatment. But good luck with them anyway!

I mostly have bad stuff to say about IUI. Study after study has shown that you might as well continue to try on your own, unless you have an ovulation problem, cervix problem or mild sperm issue. It just doesn't up your chances enough. If you can afford it, just go for IVF, which really does up your chances and isn't nearly as bad as it seems in anticipation.

Goodluck!

ILikeYourSleeves Sun 19-Oct-08 20:54:23

I agree with thaliablogs actually re IUI, we did that and got a BFN and then got a BFP 1st IVF attempt, which has far better success rates. My hospital even said they are thinking of scrapping IUI due to poor success rates.

Wishing Mon 20-Oct-08 09:07:14

Hello all - im in the same boat as you waiting!! im still on wth 2ww cd 26 of usually 29 days! so still everything to hope for - one minute i sure i am then i tell myself not to convince myself and cause more upset but this is so difficult!! i just have a feeling this month but at the minute ive convinced myself im just hoping and wishing on a whim!! aargghh i hate this!!

ive not had to look into any help yet with anything wishing so i cant really comment on that - im hope everything ok for you and hope you dont need to go after all, i have everything crossed for you!!

sysptoms to date;
developed thrush
achey boobs but not all the time, sometimes quite sore when they are knocked
very tierd

good luck to everyone testing or bding!!

xxxxxxx

Waiting2Exhale Mon 20-Oct-08 09:08:58

Hi ILikeYourSleeves and thaliablogs thanks for that...always good to hear from people with experience from this clinic. Will be sure to ask loads of questions about their success rate this wednesday when we go for both IVF and IUI.

Aside from that....temps have remained fairly high today which is reasuring. Still a bit gassy but crampy period type pains have disappeared....is that good or bad....?

Will continue to keep my fingers crossed and hope more symptoms occur grin.

Waiting2Exhale Mon 20-Oct-08 09:13:13

Hi wishing and welcome....will also cross eveything for you this month smile. When are you due to test....thursday or friday?

Wishing Mon 20-Oct-08 09:18:23

af due thursday so going to test friday i think if it doest come!! i might even wait until sat as i am really trying to aviod testing too early!!

when do you plan to test?? xxxx

Waiting2Exhale Mon 20-Oct-08 09:26:33

Hi Wishing....Dh wants to test tomorrow but it will probably be wednesday as we could save ourselves a trip into town. This would still be early so won't be disappointed if i get a bfn. FF says my testing day is Saturday so am not too far behind you...good luck...grin

ILikeYourSleeves Mon 20-Oct-08 09:31:35

Well, still no AF and I'm now on CD 33 (AF has been back for 3 cycles now and longest one was 32 days). Been really teary this morning, had huge row with DH and I was crying all over the place. Still bit crampy but it comes and goes. Toying with the idea of buying a test today, what you think? But to be PG naturally after 5 years of TTC before IVF, hmmmmmm don't think so eh?

Wishing Mon 20-Oct-08 09:33:07

dh doesnt want me to test early!! good luck and keep in touch with outcome!! lets hope we have some bfps hurling our way - would this be your first waiting??

xxx

Waiting2Exhale Mon 20-Oct-08 14:40:52

Hi girlies,

Wishing, no this would not be my first...trying for n0.2 and have been for over a year sad. Totally agree with not testing before time, only with this appointment so early it kinda makes sense. Is this n0.1 or 2 for you?..your symptoms are looking quite good...smile.

IlikeYourSleeves, sorry to hear about your row with DH...men....they can be sooo thoughtless....cramping I believe is good...have done some googling on this as I too had that the last few days but none suprising today hmm. Judging by your stats, it would seem you could test as you are now one day late it would seem grin. How very exciting. Do let us know if you decide to go out and buy a test and test today....actually, maybe buy one and wait till the morning (morning urine is meant to be better)..best of luck...

Wishing Mon 20-Oct-08 15:48:48

hey waiting - it woud be my first but do have a step daughter, not the same thing though, really ready for my own now!! im really hopeful this time, i have spotted noticed a few more syptoms! cant think im doing myself any good, infact nearly tested but wee was obviously not fmu and looked very wishy washy!! then realised i have being visiting the toilet loads, plus a have an increased amount of cm -loads in fact! sorry i realise this is tmi but who else can i discuss this with!?!?!

dh is now telling me to chill and not get too excited, but i am deep down inside getting more and more excited - someone please knock some sense into me!!

i like your sleeves im sorry dh upsetting you, your hormones sound like they are raging!! hope you are feeling better and might be a good idea to test??!! keep us posted

xxxxx

ILikeYourSleeves Mon 20-Oct-08 16:14:04

Well I went to the shops, looked at the HPT's then decided to do one last knicker check before literally pissing my money away, and surprise surprise AF was there I knew she would appear, but despite all those BFN's in the years of TTC before DS, every single month I still get sucked into the excitement that this really could be it!

Good luck to the rest of you, I will keep watch!

Wishing Mon 20-Oct-08 17:36:02

oh im sorry i like your sleeves - thats bad news sad - hope your ok!! thinking of you, its a bad feeling i know!! - i just had a fight with dh not huge but a bit bitchy and for no apparant reason, i started it so wondering if thats i sign of my af - i can sometimes get irrated!!

xxxxxxxx

Waiting2Exhale Mon 20-Oct-08 19:50:31

Hi IlikeYourSleeves and sorry to hear the witch has gotten to you. So had my fingers crossed for our first BFP in the morning...it all sounded sooooo positive sad. On a positive note, at least you didn't have to pay for such bad news using one of those EPT. Best of luck for next month xxx

ILickYourSlimySleeves Mon 20-Oct-08 21:06:21

Thanks girls but now I'm in limbo... TMI warning but when I went to the loo at the shops there was a tiny bit of blood when I wiped and I had AF crampy feelings so stuck a tampon in. But when I went to replace it later there was nothing on it! Still no more blood and no cramps now. I am still not that hopeful as I have looked back on my charts from when TTC before and usually every month there are 16 days between me having EWCM and AF. I had EWCM on 5th Oct (I then seem to OV a day or two after that) so that means I could still be hanging on for AF til Wednesday!

How are you all doing?

Wishing Mon 20-Oct-08 21:48:13

oh my!! it sounds like it could have been implantation bleeding - how do you feel now with cramps etc???? any other signs?? are you still thinking of testing if no more blood?? im slowly changing my mind about testing - ive convinced myself this is my month! i have everything crossed for you sleeves - even my legs considering how far on in my cycle i am!! xxxxx

ILickYourSlimySleeves Mon 20-Oct-08 22:03:46

Do you not think it's too late for implantation bleeding though? It's 15 DPO now though and I've been looking up the net there and implantation bleeding usually occurs before 12 DPO apparantly. I think AF should come tomorrow given what my previous charts would predict. I've no cramps anymore and feel OK physically generally. Boobs aren't sore at all and not any other symptoms, eaten loads of chocolate but I bought that earlier to console me due to AF. When will you test Wishing?

I won't be near a HPT shop til Wednesday so if AF still not here by then I will def test taht day!

Wishing Mon 20-Oct-08 22:09:34

no it can take longer 14/16 days!! - often around the timne af is due so ladies often mistake it for af as you can exp cramps etc as well!! i would still think your in with a chance, but your certainly right not to get too excited either - your right to leave it till wed to test - im tempted to do it in morning now but im sure i wnt get what im wanting and then the obsessing will begin!! dh already not too happy im still on comp heeheehee

xxxxx

ILickYourSlimySleeves Mon 20-Oct-08 22:14:01

nooooo the early testing and subsequent dilemma of false negatives is a nightmare! Hang on a bit longer if you can....?

Let's hope we get through the night AF free!!!

Wishing Mon 20-Oct-08 22:23:03

i know i know slimy sleeves - youve just given me the kick i need - the hpt is now locked in the car again - i wont feel like going to get it in the dark and cold half asleep so put it off for another day i least!! hahahahaah lets hang in there - keep me posted!! and good luck!!smile

ILickYourSlimySleeves Mon 20-Oct-08 22:26:46

good luck too, I'm off to bed now and hopefully will still have limbo type positive news in the morning!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now