Talk

Advanced search

i'm on first month of ttc and already i feel down.....

(9 Posts)
whitebeachesandcoconutoil Tue 14-Oct-08 10:31:50

i think i am on day 26 we only decided for sure this month ttc and last month was the only one i have'nt marked on the calendar and so have guessed when af came.
i was sure on saturday that i was pregnant cos i came over really nauseous when i was watching telly but then i have had cramping on and off and stupidly just did a test and guess what -negative.
i know it is only our first month but i had real problems in the past having ivf etc and then my lo was kind of a surprise -when he was 6 months old we did actually conceive again but i miscarried at 8.5 weeks.
i guess i just thought it would be ok -gosh - i am waffling sorry i just so want to be pregnant and i just keep remembering the baby i could have had.
i sound very ungrateful i know i have a beautiful just 3 year old boy but i would love him to have a sibling.

mickeylou Tue 14-Oct-08 11:48:42

hi there, i'm sorry to hear about your mc. i have never gone through that myself but can imagine its so disappointing. i also have a little boy who is 3 in a couple of weeks.I came off pill on 22nd September so this is also my first month ttc. expecting period sometime in week starting Monday 20th. spent last few days with sore boobs and pretty much convinced myself that i am pregnant but then again maybe thats just a sign that will get period next week. still its all you can think about isnt it. i know its sounds raelly selfish and i know it takes some people such a long time but now that weve made the decision to have another baby i am so impatient!! will keep my fingers crossed for you. xx

whitebeachesandcoconutoil Tue 14-Oct-08 13:10:07

thanks mickeylou you are right it does take over-maybe we could be ttc buddies i am also vvv impatient and am doing stupid stuff like looking at baby goodies blush

mickeylou Tue 14-Oct-08 13:15:27

sure, that would be good. yep i admit have been leafing through the next directory at the newborn section too!! also had a peak or three in the pram shop window! very bad to get this carried away but i guess everyone does it. ive been thinking of names for a second for ages too!blush

whitebeachesandcoconutoil Tue 14-Oct-08 13:18:53

phew i'm glad i thought i must be stupid or something i just wish that if my period is coming then it would just damn well come ifyswim i told 2 of my freinds that we are ttc and they were both like oh well it worked first time for all mine envy wail i want one now [reminds me of my three year old]

mickeylou Tue 14-Oct-08 13:44:26

ha, and they are probably the friends who say "i wasnt sick once" when you have your head down the toilet for months.

to be honest my son was bit of a suprise - so ive never actually tried to get pregnant before. just hoping it doesnt take too long!

do you worry how your son will react to sharing you?

really silly but sometimes i cant imagine loving another child as much as the one i already have!

anniemac Tue 14-Oct-08 13:58:22

Message withdrawn

whitebeachesandcoconutoil Tue 14-Oct-08 14:20:45

hi anniemac mickeylou yes i do worry if i wiil love another like my son-almost like i could'nt possibly love more ifyswim.if i am honest that has been a big factor in whether to try or not but now we have given it the green light i am impatient.

mickeylou Wed 15-Oct-08 18:39:02

hiya, hows things today with you?

i am still convinced i am pregnant - just dont feel like myself and very achey n sore up top. just keep telling myself i'm not to stave off the disappointment next week.

ds has hand foot and mouth and i was appalled when the doctor said it. shock not that diff to chicken pox tbh and doc said it was just a childhood virus but what an awful name!!

take care,ML

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now