Talk

Advanced search

Has anoyone been 20 weeks pregnant and NOT known?

(30 Posts)
ButtonMeUp Sat 11-Oct-08 21:47:25

Am going to do a test tomorrow and feel very foolish for wondering if i am or not and probably am not as still breastfeeding ds1 (9 months old). Havent yet had period and had trouble ttc and pcos and had clomid.

Thing is i keep thinking i can feel a baby moving (probably wind) and also my breasts have been sore when feeding although this has subsided now. Also felt intensely irritated when ds2 comfort sucks but again this has subsided too.

I am quite emotional atm but that could be lack of sleep as well.

Feel like i am silly for wondering. Have a bit of a tummy atm but wouldnt say it was a bump and have flab left from last 2 dc (and choc)

choccynutter Sat 11-Oct-08 22:03:57

your prob not ur breast could still be sore from ds my were for about a year and i never breast fed emotions are high at the min anyway his only 9mnths u could still go into baby blues so chin up too do a test and let me know guessing your not wanting another jst yet ?
although you not having a period yet is a wonder have u seen doctor nuse ect

BananaFruitBat Sat 11-Oct-08 22:07:20

My mum didn't know she was pregnant 'til 38 weeks. Although it could have been as early as 36 weeks. No-one's really sure.

ButtonMeUp Sat 11-Oct-08 22:20:28

havent seen dr about this although i have PCOS so very irregular perhaps 2 a year and still feed 5 times a day. Would love another and am actually quite liking the idea i could already be 20 weeks but i expect am not just got this niggling feeling i need to test. Also been having back ache.

Not babyblues as had pnd with ds1 and so know difference, not always crying just easily teary wether happy or sad.

If not preg we are planning to start ttc in coming months anyway.

ButtonMeUp Sat 11-Oct-08 22:22:09

banana - did she not show~? I just been looking at my pics of my 16 weeks and 22 weeks and had a little bump at 22 weeks but tummy very similar to my current one in the 16 week pics. Just want to pee on the stick NOW! grin will get dp to go buy one tomorrow but am irritating him by going on about it, hence coming on here to anny you

geraldinetheluckygoat Sat 11-Oct-08 22:27:55

God, no chance with me as I had really bad ms till about twenty four weeks! Have you had any food aversions or anything like that?

ButtonMeUp Sat 11-Oct-08 22:31:04

a bit nauseous and not hugely hungry but that might be tiredness. Tried googling to see of people who have not known and cant find anything similar

BananaFruitBat Sat 11-Oct-08 22:32:14

Nope, mum put weight on all the way round, iyswim. No 'bump' at the front.

ButtonMeUp Sat 11-Oct-08 22:37:27

will a test show positive this late on?

ButtonMeUp Sat 11-Oct-08 22:38:09

i see what you mean. I am ermm trumping a fair bit. That was def a sign with my last 2. blush

Klaw Sat 11-Oct-08 22:38:15

I can't imagine that at all, as I had to wait till AF was due to test but already knew due to the sore boobs and heartburn with dd, but then we were ttc with her.

With ds before that I knew before hand and had to wait till test too but ex-dh and I were not trying. Just too lazy to go to other room for condom blush

Makes for very long pregnancies though.......

solo Sat 11-Oct-08 22:39:15

My cousins daughter was 7 months plus and didn't know. She was only 14 though and didn't know much about pregnancy.

squatchette Sat 11-Oct-08 22:39:38

Yes i was 20 weeks gone before finding out with dd3.I had been feeling a bit off and had irregular periods anyway.I was in bed when i felt something move and decided to test the next day.
Came as a bit of a shock (not noticing sooner) what with her being my 3rd but couldn't be happier now i have my 5 week old gorgeous girl.

solidgoldskullonastick Sat 11-Oct-08 22:39:45

One of my friends was. She had had several miscarriages, always very erratic cycle and was actually at the point of thinking there was something wrong with her when she read an article in a magazine about surprise pregnancies and went 'd'oh!' Her daughter is nearly 6 now.

ButtonMeUp Sat 11-Oct-08 22:41:59

Squachette, I am sure i felt movement. Was feeding ds2 in bed and each time i have laid down and rested since last night i have felt flutters. Thing is after i had ds2 (and ds1) i always thought i could still feel their movements. But it has been 9 months since ds2 born and only just been feeling this again.

Am getting all excited (but clearly i am prob not but like the thought of it). Did you have any other signs?

DforDiva Sat 11-Oct-08 22:48:14

when i worked our pr gilr found out she was pg at bout 20weeks, she was not big but you know size 16ish with tyre, had sickness went gp and told she was pg sent scan, was defo around 20wks, we were all shocked. thought she was putting weight on, she always dressed in big jacket and baggy wide leg trousers though.

geraldinetheluckygoat Sat 11-Oct-08 22:54:00

Whats your tummy like, is it hard or squashy (like mine!) ?

AnnK47 Sat 11-Oct-08 23:11:22

My sister wat 10 weeks plus pregnant with TWINS, wondering why she was gaining weight...and (pleasantly) shocked when test was positive....due soon all well grin

saffiw Sat 11-Oct-08 23:32:29

I was, I suppose if I am truthful I had 'known' at about 16 weeks, but three neg preg tests put me in denial. It wasn't until I went to my doctor about something else and just happened to mention the three neg test from the month earlier that he decided to do a preg test for me. I was lucky to be fitted in for a scan that afternoon and shocked dh that evening when I told him I was 20 weeks. Unfortunately I then went on to have pre eclampsia and had ds at 27 weeks pregnant.

dinkyboysmum Sun 12-Oct-08 14:50:52

well???? did you test????

geraldinetheluckygoat Sun 12-Oct-08 20:01:30

Yes, come on, Button, update please!! grin

dinny Sun 12-Oct-08 20:04:01

wow, are you pg???

how can people not know - I am 20 wks and my stomach has gone from normal to having a definite protusion!

lucykate Sun 12-Oct-08 20:07:52

a lady i used to work with was 7 months gone before she found out she was pregnant. she'd carried on having what she thought were periods so never suspected she could be, only went to the doctors about it due to feeling ill/bloated/funny tummy pains, doctor sent her straight for a scan.

shreksmissus Sun 12-Oct-08 20:12:09

Message withdrawn

dinny Sun 12-Oct-08 20:13:12

did their tummies not stick out at all?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now