Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help questions re clomid

(10 Posts)
ray81 Fri 10-Oct-08 18:32:44

Hi guys first month on clomid and now on CD29. i have this headache and i know it can give headaches but isnt that at the being of the month. Am also very tired alot more than usual is this a side effect?
Just want some clarification as keep getting myself at it thats it worked but then keep thinking may be clomid.

Must say though havent had headache until yesterday and only coming on about this time in the evening. Perhaps a stress headache???

whomovedmychocolate Fri 10-Oct-08 20:44:31

I had bad headaches on Clomid as well as irrational anger, weepiness, bloating, vomiting and jitteryness.

So it could be the Clomid. Headaches aren't normally a sign of pregnancy though. But I guess you'll find out in a few days. Good luck

Livvigirl Fri 17-Oct-08 17:15:34

Hi, I am also on first round of clomid, and had sickness, tiredness, bloating and general unwell feeling, so think might be side effects, great eh? I was told at the 10 day scan that I have not produced large enough folicle? so might go onto 100mg.

But I have had the egg like dis-charge, which supposedly means you have ovulated? Do you think you would still get this even if you have not ovulated??? I was thinking it might have had something to do with the hormones.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Lorelei97 Fri 17-Oct-08 23:16:21

have had 4 cycles of clomid- 2 50mg, 1st time ovulated, 2nd didn't, then went up to 100mg, again 1st month ovulated, 2nd month didn't- am going up to 150mg the next time my af bothers to show up. headaches are just all part of the fun with clomid as well as the tiredness, vomiting and crying! The symptoms are very like early pg sometimes but the haeadaches dont ease at any stage of the month for me.
livvigirl i was on 100mg in august and day 12 scan showed i had no developed follicles but i still had ewcm- convinced myself the doctors were wrong and then got a bfn so somehow think that you can still have ewcm when not ovulating- but dont know why this is- sorry!
my poor dp has had a lot to put up with with clomid- think he wants to start his own support group for the poor men who have to be so supportive. i told him someone on this forum called clomid bitch pills and he nearly fell over laughing and said so true!!!!!!

Livvigirl Sun 19-Oct-08 15:41:23

Lorelei97, thanks for that, makes me feel a bit better, I think my doctor will increase me to 100mg, but will have to wait for a letter from him.
I feel a bit better now, but last week was rough, I am also worried that it the dosage goes up, my symptoms will be even worse!!! Will have to speak to Doc about that.
Good luck and I hope you will be pregnanct very soon.
I only found out I have PCOS recently, and I have a 4 year old daughter, who was a surprise, and not planned, so I obviously can have kids, it's just so hard when each month passes and more friend's are having kids, and the age gap is increaing between my girl and any future child that might or might not come along, but must try not to get too down about it.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 19-Oct-08 16:47:39

Livvigirl

Who is prescribing the clomid?. If it is your GP I would be concerned as they do not have the time to monitor you properly. Clomid should also be given with a degree of caution to PCOS patients as it is not always suitable for them to take (it can raise LH levels markedly which is something many PCOSers have too much of to start with).

You ideally should also be under the care of a gynae at a subfertility unit - PCOS is not a condition to be messed around with by GPs.

It is important that you are monitored whilst on clomid either with blood tests or ultrasounds. No monitoring is a no-no as you have no way of knowing whether its doing what its supposed to - clomid's job is to make the ovaries work harder.

You can get cervical mucus even if you do not ovulate. With PCOS ovulation becomes even more problematic.

If you can also remain within the correct weight range for your height this is also beneficial. Excess pounds can excerbate PCOS symptoms.

You may find Verity's website helpful as this is for those diagnosed with PCOS:-

www.verity-pcos.org.uk

Livvigirl Sun 19-Oct-08 17:10:32

Hi Attilathemeerkat, great name by the way, I am under a consultant at the hospital as I was referred by my GP , and I am being monitored, I have had the 10 day scan which showed the 50mg had not increased my follicles? and said to still go to the 2nd scan and give blood sample and consultant, Mr Mackrow, will write, so I am following correct advice.

Thanks for the link, I will have a look now.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 19-Oct-08 17:15:24

Hi livvigirl,

An increased clomid dosage may help but some PCOSers can become clomid resistant and thus no amount of clomid will do the job. None of that is meant to make you disheartened at all but forewarned is forearmed. If clomid is ultiamtely unsuccessful there are other treatment options that can be tried; it is not an absolute barrier to conception. I would now ask about these as well - there should be a plan b in place now if clomid is unsuccessful after six months of usage.

Am very glad to read you are being monitored and wish you the very best of luck.

Attila

P.S glad you like my username!.

cjll Sun 19-Oct-08 18:00:07

hi guys ive recently done a round of clomid,i didnt get a period so i tested for pregnancy,test was negative.to start the next round of clomid i had to take 5 tabs of provera to bring me on first before i start clomid again,i finished the last pro vera a week ago and i still havent come on, usually when i have to take pro vera i come on on the third day after stopping them.not sure wat to do now,has anybody else had anything similar happen to them?how long does anyone else take to come on after pro vera?

thaliablogs Sun 19-Oct-08 19:41:29

Just to build on attila's point - the EWCM is produced by increased estrogen. Increased estrogen leads to a spike in LH, which triggers ovulation (there are a couple of other hormones in between, but that's the basic story). SO EWCM is not a sign of ovulation, it's a sign of high estrogen.

In PCOS this link is broken as you always have raised LH, hence why you can have EWCM without ovulating.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now