Talk

Advanced search

How different were your pregnancies?

(12 Posts)
Laylasmum Thu 03-Mar-05 09:30:03

Am newly pg after ttc for ages so am paranoid but i think i feel different than i did with DD. No nausea yet but maybe its to come.Just wondered if others had very different early pgs with their subsequent children?

Sallie Thu 03-Mar-05 13:48:03

My first two pregnancies (babies were 17.5 months apart) were very similar except I was smaller the second time (ds was 8lb 14 followed by dd who was 8lb 7). This time (now at 12 weeks with no 3) I have been exhausted, nauseous and beset with headaches. Am so hoping this isn't going to be how this pregnancy continues!!! Best of luck...

Fimbo Thu 03-Mar-05 14:05:29

With DD only had morning sickness until 16 weeks and felt great after that, although she was breech from about 12 weeks and stayed that way (tucked up under my ribs). Was working at the time and never had a day off apart from usual time for scans etc. With ds, I am glad by then I was SAHM as felt sick constantly until he was born and threw up at any time of day, also he has quite a large head which was pressing down on my pelvis all the time as the pregnancy progressed. DD weighed 8lbs and DS 9lbs 6oz. Love having 2 though as I had thought DD was going to be an only child.

bonniej Thu 03-Mar-05 14:07:14

my pg with dd was plain sailing. No sickness at all just tiredness and a bit of heartburn. I'm about 9 weeks pg at the moment and have not stopped being sick over the last couple of weeks. Totally unexpected but hopefully won't last for long!

Laylasmum Thu 03-Mar-05 21:37:45

thanks everyone!! does a lack of symptoms mean that things will go wrong or does that have no meaning what so ever??

sacha3taylor Thu 03-Mar-05 21:43:33

I had bright red spots all over my tummy fron about 4 months with DS1, we put it down to the heat. This came back with DD and I went to the docters and was told i was allergic to being pregnant! I then had DS2 and had no spots at all, so am obviously not allergic to pregnancy and still dont know what caused the spots! Apart from this all pregnancies were pretty much the same. Hope you have a really easy pregnancy and labour

bunny2 Thu 03-Mar-05 21:52:38

Laylasmum, with ds I had some nausea but only threw up once. In my seciond and third pregnancies I had terrible sickenss and miscarried both at 12/14 wks. Understandibly when I was pg a 4th time, I was terrified of miscarrying again and longed for some of the usual signs of pregnancy but I never had any nausea at all. I didnt even get that big ... until the last few months when the weight piled on and heartburn kicked in - then I really felt pregnant! After 9 months I had a fantastic labour and a healthy beautiful daughter . For me, nausea doesnt = healthy pregnancy, pls dont read toom cuh into nausea or lack of.

Laylasmum Thu 03-Mar-05 21:55:01

Thankyou bunny2!! Get so bloody paranoid but it seems so unreal after waiting so long !!!

bunny2 Thu 03-Mar-05 21:57:11

Laylasmum, I had such an awful time, I bled throughout my pregnancy so that coupled with no nausea AND my miscarriage history just spelt doom to me. Looking back I wish I had enjoyed my pregnancy more but noone could convince me, at the time, that it would all be ok.

bunny2 Thu 03-Mar-05 21:57:52

ps - it took 4 years to get there for me so I know what you mean about ttc for ages!

Laylasmum Thu 03-Mar-05 21:59:42

you just get it in your head that its all doomed to fail don't you? the internet makes all worse with different inf. will stop looking now and see how things go. At the end of the day there's nothing i can do about!!!BTW did you have an early viability scan with your last pg in view of your history??

bunny2 Thu 03-Mar-05 22:03:59

I was scanned at 6/8/10/12/14 wks. At each scan I was in tears convinced they wouldnt find a heartbeat. To make things worse, at the 12wk scan I was given a very high risk of having a Downs Syndrome child so I spent hours on the internet looking at the worse possible scenario ie a baby so damaged theat they wouldnt survice outside the womb. Once I was past the miscarirage stage, stillbirth became my biggest fear. Even when I went into labour I was scared of what might happen - then out she came, a beautiful healthy baby

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now