Anyone else take clomid & hcg trigger shot??

(368 Posts)
hopefulnicci Sun 05-Oct-08 10:28:17

Looking for others who took clomid & hcg. I'm currently 4dpo & could really do with some sucess stories or anyone in a similar boat to me, to help me stay positive!

hayzee Sun 05-Oct-08 21:40:17

hi im on clomid as well as hcg injection waiting to test at the next weekend if i dont have a period b4 then

hopefulnicci Mon 06-Oct-08 07:53:48

Super. Pleased to hear i'm not alone! keep in touch, any symptoms yet?

hayzee Mon 06-Oct-08 12:06:27

well whilst i was on the tabs i was like a mad woman but no pregnancy symptoms as of yet. This was my 1st cycle of clomid, and i suffer from pcos. D u have scans? i had scan and there was 2 follicles so im in with a chance i suppose but not getting my hopes up just incase.

bamboostalks Mon 06-Oct-08 12:09:04

Just had my first shot today! Am having IUI tomorrow.

hopefulnicci Tue 07-Oct-08 08:21:05

Hayzee thats gr8, u only need one egg afterall to make a baby!!! hope it works for you. Fingers x the IUI went well for u bamboo. I'm not being scanned no. Just had to wait foy LH surge (using CBFM) to give myself the hcg trigger shot. Should be 6 dpo today, temps are still elevated so i'm hopeful Baby dust to us all, lets get those bfp's together. x

hayzee Tue 07-Oct-08 10:20:57

lets hope so, i thought i might of got my period yesterday as had a few cramps but nothing so far also having increased amount of discharge not sure if its a pregnancy symptom or my bodys way of saying not worked this month but ill have 2 wait n c. If i dont get my period b4 sat then ive gotta test so im keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck n loads of baby dust x

hopefulnicci Tue 07-Oct-08 13:20:09

An increase in cm sounds like a good sign to me, keep me posted. i may test this weekend also, even though i know it's probably too early-i'm a serial tester, can't help myself! just got 10 first response tests through the door this morning (got them on ebay for just £8! Wish i'd done that in the past i've wasted so much money on bfn's! Hopefully not this time.

hayzee Wed 08-Oct-08 09:11:29

lets keep our fingers crossed im the same when did u have ur shot i was told to wait 16 days after cos u can get a false positive. Must admit im terrible for testing as well but u cant help it can u.

hopefulnicci Wed 08-Oct-08 18:15:05

It's been 8 days since my shot & it's no longer giving me a positive so it's already out of my system. 16 days seems like a long time to wait.(hmm)

hayzee Wed 08-Oct-08 21:23:54

i done a test earlier but the test line was quite faint and there was a faint line also but im going to take it as though the test didnt work but might get another cos im dying to know if it has def worked. Do u think it would be out of my system? how long have u been told to do a test after the shot? also did u have the 10,000 shot? sorry about all the questions lol.

hopefulnicci Thu 09-Oct-08 08:55:32

hi there, yes i had 10,000 shot. they said it takes about 1,000 a day to metabolise. so approx 10 days and it should be out of your system. When did u take urs?

hayzee Thu 09-Oct-08 13:38:36

i had my injection on the 25 september first thing in the morning. The nurse told me that if hadnt had a period by 11 october then i should do a test. im currently on day 31, but i dont show on a preg test until a few days after my period but not sure when i should come on or if i should stick to how i used to go b4 starting the tabs.

hopefulnicci Thu 09-Oct-08 17:54:02

Personally i think it'd be out of your system by now. Let me know ur outcome should u test. x

hayzee Fri 10-Oct-08 12:03:33

well i done a test a little while ago and it said negative so suppose ive just got to wait till my period arrives. I called hosp and asked them how long my cycle should be and they told me to do a test first thing tomorrow as that was the date i had been given and if nothing has happened by tues then ive got to do another one if that still says neg then ive got to call them back up. I just look at it like it hasnt worked n i had a good chance as i had 2 follicles so whats the chances of it even working. Ill let u know what happens if anything or if i finally get my period x.

hopefulnicci Fri 10-Oct-08 20:38:40

You've got a gr8 chance if there were two follicles! Got my fingers crossed for u. At least u know the shot is out of our system! I started bleeding at work today i don't know how i'm feeling, other than confused & numb, as i've tested this pm and got a faint BFP on a FR test. I'm going to bed, praying hard for both of us! x

hayzee Sat 11-Oct-08 11:07:04

sorry to hear that ur bleeding im keeping my fingers crossed for u. I done another test this morning and it said neg but no sign of period either. I dont usually show on a test till im a wk late so just hoping there isnt enough in my urine to show yet as i usually know when im going 2 get my period as i can feel the pressure. Got to keep hoping it aint over until she rears her ugly head. Im feeling a bit crappy today but we have got to be hopeful i no its not easy ive had everyone telling me that its early days etc but they dont understand all they have got 2 do is drop their knickers n they r preggers. If i dont get my period by tues ill do another test n let u no either way n u do the same x

hayzee Sat 11-Oct-08 11:08:19

sorry to hear that ur bleeding im keeping my fingers crossed for u. I done another test this morning and it said neg but no sign of period either. I dont usually show on a test till im a wk late so just hoping there isnt enough in my urine to show yet as i usually know when im going 2 get my period as i can feel the pressure. Got to keep hoping it aint over until she rears her ugly head. Im feeling a bit crappy today but we have got to be hopeful i no its not easy ive had everyone telling me that its early days etc but they dont understand all they have got 2 do is drop their knickers n they r preggers. If i dont get my period by tues ill do another test n let u no either way n u do the same x

hayzee Sat 11-Oct-08 11:09:16

sorry comp playin up

hopefulnicci Sat 11-Oct-08 15:37:53

It sounds promising. i've still gotta pray as still bleeding, and now showing bfn clutching at straws but still hoping i'm in with a chance. thinking of u.

hayzee Sat 11-Oct-08 20:58:29

im so sorry im thinking of u i understand how hard it is seems all we get dished is a bucketful of disappoinment. Just look after urself x

hayzee Sat 11-Oct-08 21:05:05

im so sorry im thinking of u i understand how hard it is seems all we get dished is a bucketful of disappoinment. Just look after urself x

ray81 Sun 12-Oct-08 15:49:15

hi,

ive just had my first moth on clomid and its 13dpo did test yesterday and was big fat neg so know it hasnt worked.

I also had iui in may and had 3 eggs 50 million sperm and it failed. its a bitch.

i realy hope it works for you guys.

hopefulnicci Sun 12-Oct-08 16:51:05

Sorry to hear that Ray The IUI failing must have been reall hard. I'd say ur still in with a chance this cycle though as ur only 13 dpo, some people don't det bfp till a week late (or longer) Stay positive! i'm trying, despite still bleeding (been over 48 hrs now-i'm currently 11 dpo) keep us posted.

hayzee Sun 12-Oct-08 18:17:08

hi ray sorry to hear about iui not working seemed from what u said that u had a good chance i cant imagine how u felt. As nicci said dont give up hope its only 13 dpo u could have tested 2 early. im 16 dpo n i done a test on yesterday n it said neg but until i get my period im keeping my fingers crossed as i dont show till im a wk late.
hi nicci how r u hope ur keeping well still no sign of my period so going to wait till tues 2 do another test, if its still neg going to call my fertility nurse n go from there. Not sure what they might suggest as its my first month on this so got no experience to go from.
good luck to u all x.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now