Talk

Advanced search

TTC for the cautious!!!

(649 Posts)
Bonkerz Tue 01-Mar-05 18:02:39

OK well not sure my title is good enough really and feel honoured you let me start the thread. So heres to a new month and new start on my cycle! TTC is going to be a very nervous and aprehensive time for me but i know oyu are all in the same boat and with your support im sure i can do it. So im on day 1 of my cycle. Should ov on day 10 although am not certain if D&C has mucked up my ovulation but will guess that. Am almost thinking that im ttc just to lose another baby and i know thats wrong but cant help it. With 2 mc already its hard to believe it will ever happen for me and DH and im almost convinced i will never see a healthy happy 12 week bean. Ok enough doom and gloom.

HERES TO ALL OF US WHO ARE NERVOUSLY TTC AND MAY LUCK AND FAIRY DUST SHOWER OVER US IN THESE COMING MONTHS!

wendy11 Tue 01-Mar-05 18:11:48

Bonkerz
I love the name of this new thread - I think we are all very cautious because of our various histories, but I am sure we will all get there one day soon. A success story that should help you Bonkerz. My cousin (I dont't think she will mind me telling you this) conceived very quickly with her first baby only to find at her 12 week scan that the baby had died at 8 weeks. Within 3 months she was pregnant again, only to miscarry at 7 weeks. She then went on to conceive after about 9 months and has a healthy wee boy who will be 5 in April. She had exactly the same feelings as you but I guess third time lucky. Keep positive it will happen.

romilly Tue 01-Mar-05 18:20:11

Hi bonkerz - already late for going out but congrats on new thread and count me in.

quick stats;

Rom 38 yrs old
ttc no. 1
2nd cycle post m/c CD5
using persona
charting and temps
doesnt bake cakes
driving poor d/h up the wall with this lark!
good luck to us all

wendy11 Tue 01-Mar-05 18:29:25

Stats seems a good way to start the thread off so here are mine:

Me 34
DH 36
ttc no.1
Still birth September 04 at 23 weeks
conceived naturally after 5 years of ttc
CD 21, 8 days post OV
Using OPK's, charting and temps
Starting IVF March/April 05 if
we don't hit the jackpot this month

mishi1977 Tue 01-Mar-05 18:52:30

hi all

mishi 27
ttc no.2
cd 24/ 28-35
one ds 10.10.03
not using anything mainly cos i dont know how..lol
1st cycle post mc
3rd mc 2 natural and one missed

sistermoon Tue 01-Mar-05 18:57:18

Hi can I join in -
34 years
ttc no.2
cd 16 (after M/c)
6m/c and 1 ectopic

HunkerMunker Tue 01-Mar-05 18:58:27

Hunker 29 years old
ttc number 2
CD8
Not using anything at the moment, but may use OPKs this month
Should ov around CD23 - have LOOONG cycles
Still bfeeding DS who will be 11 months old on Thursday
Have stage 4 endometriosis and PCOS - conceived DS on clomid (said on another thread recently that I saw him as an egg on a scan as I was having follicle tracking - he was a lovely big fat egg, the only one I produced that cycle!)

Babydust to all xxxxxxxxxxxx

HunkerMunker Tue 01-Mar-05 18:58:41

Hi sistermoon

katierocket Tue 01-Mar-05 19:00:15

does this replace TTC19 or after a miscarriage?

george32 Tue 01-Mar-05 19:00:28

Bonkerz, great idea & so glad to see you across this side.
Wishing everyone so much luck for March (Bella, you are right, it does feel like it is going to be a lucky month!)
Been at work all day, trying not to fall asleep as I'm soooo tired (keep waking in the early hours at the moment). Early night for me I think.
Here are my stats to add to the collection:

Me: 32
DP: 35
ttc no. 1 (DP has 2 already)
1st cycle post m/c
CD 18, no ov yet as longest cycle in history!
Using temping / ferning / and soon OPKs (thanks Bella)
Just discovered the joys of baking Flapjack!!

xxx

Bella23 Tue 01-Mar-05 19:23:30

YE HA Bonkerz - great start to the new thread!
I think we all have bleak thoughts every now and then but I think it helps to voice them as they don't seem quite that bad then!

Well stats for me are:

Me 32
DH 35
TTC no.1
CD 17
1st cycle post ERPC and M/C
Have been using OPKs but have bought Persona to start next month.
Love to bake but can't hold a candle to Dramaqueen who is royalty in the kitchen!

dramaqueen72 Tue 01-Mar-05 21:47:34

hey ladies, wondered where you'd all got too! new thread huh? scary!!
my stats
age 32...
3 gremlins (ds 13 dd1 10 dd2 20mths)
ttc no 4
2 missed m/c
1st proper cycle after erpc
cycle day.....er..wait a minute...9
opks and ewcm to guide me......(and drive me mad!)
bake, paint, scrapbook and obsess over ttc....

dramaqueen72 Tue 01-Mar-05 21:49:15

hello to hunkermunker (excellent name btw) and sister moon, welcome to our mad mad world! katierocket , if you decide to join us, hello too! this is the 'part 2' of ttc after a mc

pinkdiamond Tue 01-Mar-05 21:58:31

Message withdrawn

pinkdiamond Tue 01-Mar-05 21:59:17

Message withdrawn

mishi1977 Tue 01-Mar-05 22:03:43

hi pink
cd is cycle day so if u have 28 day cycle and are on 5th day after first day of af u r on cd 5/28

pinkdiamond Tue 01-Mar-05 22:11:51

Message withdrawn

yingers74 Wed 02-Mar-05 00:04:07

hello everyone!

am 30 and have one dd aged 2. dh is 32.

am still waiting for first af post m/c.

Bella23 Wed 02-Mar-05 09:21:08

Morning ladies
Great to see so many joining our little ttc hamster wheel!
Well feeling so much more positive about things, no particular reason, just had a little chat with myself.
Saying that though I am literally wishing my life away until the 13th / 17th of the month when I will test!!
George - how long is your cycle usually as you and I seem to be almost on the same CD?
DQ - what are you baking this week?

mishi1977 Wed 02-Mar-05 09:28:33

morning
bella
i know about the wishing away
I was around 28/29 day cycle pre mc but am going on it being up to 35 as first af after was 35 days...its killing me tho cos i am on day 25

mhope u are all well and lots of baby dust to us all

dramaqueen72 Wed 02-Mar-05 11:33:54

morning ladies not baking this morning!!! shock horror! baking a light fruit cake this afternoon tho...... its an obsession isnt it?! about to take an opk.....will they ever read +?????????
have a nice day

Bella23 Wed 02-Mar-05 12:14:12

DQ - were you cycles regualar before ERPC? Do your cycles go back to what they were pretty quickly after or do they mess around?
Just wondering when to expect AF as pre m/c I was always 28 days like clockwork.

romilly Wed 02-Mar-05 12:54:58

hi girls - and welcome to hunkermunker, pinkdiamond, sistermoon and katierocket. bella - i wouldnt expect cycle to be same as before according to my experience - it was about 4 days later.
pinkdiamond - you are on almost the same cycle day as me - i'm CD6 on 28 day cycle.
catch up with you all later. too much work this week

Bella23 Wed 02-Mar-05 13:37:52

Rom - 1st Af after ERPC was 4 days late but I was hoping that the next AF would be back to 28 days. Am I being too optomistic?

DecafArabica Wed 02-Mar-05 14:30:39

Good luck to you all. I'm not ready to make the decision to try again yet as it's all still so new and raw (ERPC was 2 weeks ago tomorrow) but my eyes jumped straight to this thread so maybe a part of me DOES want to join you! I'm 43 and will be ttc no. 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now