Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage and trying again

(8 Posts)
C1NDY Wed 01-Oct-08 09:58:08

I had a miscarriage on 10th September and am waiting for my AF to arrive. I can't wait to start trying again. I am 39 and will be 40 in March, so am hoping that I can get pregnant again soon... am terrified if this happens again. I do have a little 2 yo dd.. but i would really love her to have a sibling... I think i may have left it too late. Any stories or words of wisdom on trying again, so that I can conceive quickly??

C1NDY Wed 01-Oct-08 10:00:35

Also, work knows now that I have miscarried so I feel like all eyes are on me ie. the focus on Maternity leave... if that makes sense, I feel i have to work even harder so that they don't have a reason to make me redundant!

thejesta2 Wed 01-Oct-08 19:28:59

Hiya honey im so sorry for your loss. I miscarried at 20 weeks in oct (28th) last year and fell pregnant in the following feb - so took us about 3 months which was the gap the hospital recommended. Hope that helps, and i know its easy for me to say but try not to let the pressure of work get to you, just try to take care of yourself and dont push too hard....my fingers are crossed for u!

ilovemcdreamy Wed 01-Oct-08 19:36:53

Poor you, cindy. You could get pregnant again very quickly, even in your first cycle. Stay positive and try not to get too stressed by work - stress has a direct negative effect on your reproductive hormones. Also some positive numbers to give you hope - Lesley Regan, UK's foremost authority on miscarriage, did a study that showed that 80% of women whose last pregnancy ended in miscarriage would go on to have healthy baby. Good luck smile

cazzybabs Wed 01-Oct-08 19:42:29

I am younger than you but I remember after my 2nd mc lying in bed crying that I would never have a another baby...well I have another one lying on my lap feeding...I had 1 AF between mc and pregnancy.

cmotdibbler Wed 01-Oct-08 19:46:50

I got pg before my first period, after my third miscarriage, and the result of that pg now runs around like a loon. The recurrent miscarriage consultant said that unless you'd had a complex or late (like jesta) miscarriage there was no need to wait.

I'm so sorry for your loss, but theres no reason that it will necessarily happen again, esp as you already have a dd.

C1NDY Thu 02-Oct-08 10:43:51

Thanks to you all... I am based in the UK, so am sorry if my reply seems delayed.

Your positive comments have made me feel better.

I never even knew what miscarriage was about ... in the sense that i knew what the word was but never thought it would happen to me. I can't believe that something like this can happen to us and it would be nice to know what I did wrong.

Its horriable to start from scratch again but am happy that you have all had sucessful pg!! thanks for the statistics its comforting to know. Fingers and toes crossed that all will go well.

I am waiting for my AF to come so that I can start trying again :0)

maz32 Mon 06-Oct-08 19:38:46

hi there i had a miscarriage end of aug, and so have an idea how you mite feel but i kow that no on actually feels the same, we are just starting to think about trying again, after my first period we thought go for it but it is an anxious and weid feeling cos like you i didnt ever think i would have a miscarriage,any way good luck and keep in touch xxxxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now