Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dp gets sperm test results monday, i'll be amazed if they're normal so any inspirational stories or words of advice?

(5 Posts)
MasterDebater Fri 26-Sep-08 19:56:33

In all honesty i'll be shock if his results come back 'normal' ( history of strangulated testicals, only has one left, suffers from random blockages, delayed ejaculation among other things) If the results are poor then what should i say? Anyone had a poor result and got pregnant? Stories of hope or any advice would be appreciated. (And some finger crossing for good results!) smile

nickytwotimes Fri 26-Sep-08 19:59:23

now, my friend's dh had a low sperm viability and count result. They had an IVF baby and then, having been told he was pretty much infertile, she got pg again (naturally) when her baby was 4 mhs old. It was quite a shock, but a happy one nevertheless, especially as they hadn't been very, um, active!

All the best, btw.

MasterDebater Fri 26-Sep-08 20:00:46

Thanks, thats the sort of thing i was hoping for smile

Twiglett Fri 26-Sep-08 20:02:57

hah .. I remember this feeling well .. DH on a number of meds for a chronic condition .. no way his sperm count would be ok

but it was .. absolute numbers made up for percentage deformed ... problem was with me .. oh boy was I shocked

MasterDebater Fri 26-Sep-08 20:21:20

I'm pretty sure i'm not 100% too, i have very long irregular cycles but i also already have 2 children so i must occasionally get it right. I've spent the last year building up his confidence, telling him he will be fine and i was sure the problem was with me, he'll be devasted if the results come back poor. I am dreading it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now