Talk

Advanced search

body temperature

(13 Posts)
LittleCheese Thu 25-Sep-08 13:33:34

I am new to this whole charting thing so was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I have signed up to fertility friend and it says i should take my temperature every morning orally, i dont have the correct themometer to do this, can i take my temperature in my ear or is this a big no no?

pinkmook Thu 25-Sep-08 13:39:56

Not an expert but I seem to remember that you really do need a basal thermometer as the temp changes are quite subtle and may not show up to well on your chart without the extra decimal places IYSWIM.

LittleCheese Thu 25-Sep-08 13:44:08

thanks pinkmook, do you know where i can get one from, how much they cost? just taken temp with digital thermometer i won from MN says temp is 36.3 read a thread on here that if temp is closer to 36 than 37 then AF will be arriving shortly

eleanorsmum Thu 25-Sep-08 13:46:49

have just joined fertility freind, thanks for telling me about it.
just searched for thermometer and found this

pinkmook Thu 25-Sep-08 13:47:14

You can get them from here fertility stuff

thats the one I have, good luck TTC! xx

ClairePO Thu 25-Sep-08 13:50:09

www.smefertility.com/digital-basal-body-thermometer-bbt-145-p.asp

www.amazon.co.uk/DIGITAL-BASAL-TEMPERATURE-OVULATION-THERMOMETER/dp/B001CL2GIA

You do need one to 2 decimal places. With regard to the thing about temp meaning AF arriving - it doesn't work like that. You find your own pattern and temp range. Read the FF emails they send you for 20 days. It explains it all. But you must compare your temps with your temps, not with someone elses temps. Does that make sense?

LittleCheese Thu 25-Sep-08 13:50:16

hi EM how are you finding fertility friend, its all a little strange to me, have you been TTC long? was the link you posted supposed to take me to boots?

eleanorsmum Thu 25-Sep-08 13:52:05

hi lc no - just started on ff! have been ttc no2 for 3 yrs with one mc 8mth ago. getting pretty desperate. dd is 4 now. yes link was to boots website but there one is out of stock. will look at others now!

LittleCheese Thu 25-Sep-08 13:52:45

thanks claire it does make sense, i will get myself a thermometer and start charting asap, thats if AF arrives this weekend, but fingers crossed she wont

eleanorsmum Thu 25-Sep-08 13:55:22

will prob buy amazon one tonight! think dh has some evouchers to use up!

LittleCheese Thu 25-Sep-08 13:55:28

thanks EM, it just took me to the boots home page so was unsure, im taking DD to look round a nursery when she wakes up so may call at my local boots and see if they have one, i wonder if babies r us do them too

LittleCheese Thu 25-Sep-08 13:55:28

thanks EM, it just took me to the boots home page so was unsure, im taking DD to look round a nursery when she wakes up so may call at my local boots and see if they have one, i wonder if babies r us do them too

LittleCheese Thu 25-Sep-08 13:56:13

yeah amazon one is a good price if i cant get one today will prob order that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now