Talk

Advanced search

Spotting but no AF!?

(11 Posts)
ToBeOrNotToBe Tue 23-Sep-08 19:12:49

Hi all, I'm hoping you will be able to offer me some advice.

I have been spotting for 9 days now. AF was due from last Monday to last Friday (my cycle varies from 30 to 34 days). I took a test on Saturday in the hope that the spotting was an implantation bleed but it was neg.

I was expecting AF to come along after that but she hasn't. I have cramping and feel bloated and tender boobs. What is going on with me?

VickyJane77 Tue 23-Sep-08 19:20:30

Sounds like you could be pregnant, but I would take another test tomorrow morning using first morning wee.
Good luck x smile

ToBeOrNotToBe Tue 23-Sep-08 19:27:10

Thanks for your reply VickyJane77

Do you think so? But I don't really feel pregnant. Just frustrated! Is it normal to spot for so long? Its never happened to me before.

I don't have any tests at home but if AF hasn't arrived tomorrow I'll get some and test again first thing on Wednesday

VickyJane77 Tue 23-Sep-08 19:32:47

I don't know how long is normal to spot for sorry, I had some spotting and cramping on and off all day today, I spotted for 7 days last month with no pregnancy symptoms, then AF started, this time I've had sore boobs, and felt very tired, so who knows!
Not very helpful sorry x

ToBeOrNotToBe Tue 23-Sep-08 19:39:16

7 days is quite long too - have you experienced spotting before last month? I'm glad I'm not the only one who's finding this TTC confusing! wink

VickyJane77 Tue 23-Sep-08 19:43:26

Yes I spotted before I found out I was pregnant with DS back in 2002, then I had the coil in for 5 years.

ToBeOrNotToBe Tue 23-Sep-08 19:48:25

Well, good luck with your potential symptoms. I shall take your advice and test again if AF hasn't come along by Wednesday.

sadminster Tue 23-Sep-08 19:55:40

I've had similar - period was due on Saturday, had a very small amount of light pink spotting on Saturday night but nothing since. Have horrid cramps & feel PMS-y so I have no idea what's going on. I've ordered soem tests but exepct AF start start any moment now.

ToBeOrNotToBe Tue 23-Sep-08 20:41:57

Well, good luck with your tests, sadminster. Fingers crossed!

ToBeOrNotToBe Wed 24-Sep-08 14:46:25

AF arrived today - so confusion/frustration at not knowing one way or the other is over with - for this month at least.

VickyJane77 Wed 24-Sep-08 14:48:51

Sorry to hear AF arrived TBONTB x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now