Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Spotting but no AF!?

(11 Posts)
ToBeOrNotToBe Tue 23-Sep-08 19:12:49

Hi all, I'm hoping you will be able to offer me some advice.

I have been spotting for 9 days now. AF was due from last Monday to last Friday (my cycle varies from 30 to 34 days). I took a test on Saturday in the hope that the spotting was an implantation bleed but it was neg.

I was expecting AF to come along after that but she hasn't. I have cramping and feel bloated and tender boobs. What is going on with me?

VickyJane77 Tue 23-Sep-08 19:20:30

Sounds like you could be pregnant, but I would take another test tomorrow morning using first morning wee.
Good luck x smile

ToBeOrNotToBe Tue 23-Sep-08 19:27:10

Thanks for your reply VickyJane77

Do you think so? But I don't really feel pregnant. Just frustrated! Is it normal to spot for so long? Its never happened to me before.

I don't have any tests at home but if AF hasn't arrived tomorrow I'll get some and test again first thing on Wednesday

VickyJane77 Tue 23-Sep-08 19:32:47

I don't know how long is normal to spot for sorry, I had some spotting and cramping on and off all day today, I spotted for 7 days last month with no pregnancy symptoms, then AF started, this time I've had sore boobs, and felt very tired, so who knows!
Not very helpful sorry x

ToBeOrNotToBe Tue 23-Sep-08 19:39:16

7 days is quite long too - have you experienced spotting before last month? I'm glad I'm not the only one who's finding this TTC confusing! wink

VickyJane77 Tue 23-Sep-08 19:43:26

Yes I spotted before I found out I was pregnant with DS back in 2002, then I had the coil in for 5 years.

ToBeOrNotToBe Tue 23-Sep-08 19:48:25

Well, good luck with your potential symptoms. I shall take your advice and test again if AF hasn't come along by Wednesday.

sadminster Tue 23-Sep-08 19:55:40

I've had similar - period was due on Saturday, had a very small amount of light pink spotting on Saturday night but nothing since. Have horrid cramps & feel PMS-y so I have no idea what's going on. I've ordered soem tests but exepct AF start start any moment now.

ToBeOrNotToBe Tue 23-Sep-08 20:41:57

Well, good luck with your tests, sadminster. Fingers crossed!

ToBeOrNotToBe Wed 24-Sep-08 14:46:25

AF arrived today - so confusion/frustration at not knowing one way or the other is over with - for this month at least.

VickyJane77 Wed 24-Sep-08 14:48:51

Sorry to hear AF arrived TBONTB x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: