Talk

Advanced search

HSG results

(1 Post)
PuddinAforeDinner Tue 23-Sep-08 15:50:26

Not sure where to being so sorry if this is long.

DH and I have be ttc for a long time and have suffered 3 mmcs along the way sad. Following a whole host of tests by the recurrent miscarriage clinic it was discovered that I had a uterine septum. This was removed during a laser/laparoscopy procedure. I was told by the Prof who carried out this procedure that I now had a normal (??) uterine cavity but there was some slight scarring on the left hand side which covered the opening to the left fallopian tube. However this was not a problem and he could see no reason for it to affect conception.

Anyway, 16 months later I was advised to have an HSG. During this (which I found excrutiatingly painful) the radiographer stopped the procedure saying that the dye was not going anywhere (both tubes blocked?) and that my uterus didn?t look quite right to him (he didn?t elaborate on this).

I am still waiting to see my gynae for follow-up but it is driving me nuts. Has anyone else had anything similar? Is there any way they can be unblocked or would IVF be an option. Worse still is this the end of our ttc?

Sorry for the long post I just needed to get this off my chest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now