Talk

Advanced search

Untitled

(3 Posts)
flynn1984 Tue 23-Sep-08 14:24:33

Hi there, i'm new to this website and looking for info.

I have been ttc for over 16months now, been on clomid for a while...have taken it for 4 cycles and my blood tests every month have shown no ovulation. Also had a diag. laparoscopy which showed that everything inside is fine, also husband was tested and he is fine.
I have a doctors appointment today as he received a report from my Gyn and wants to discuss it with me, so I am now sick with worry over what the report says. Hopefully it will detail the next stages for me.

I am wondering if there is anyone out there who is, or who has, went through this and could tell me how you dealt with this? I am desp for my first baby, everyone around me seems to be pg at the moment and it's driving me nuts! Could being on microgynon pill for over 5 years have caused this?

If anyone could help that would be great!

Laura x

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 23-Sep-08 14:37:26

Hi Laura

There is no real evidence to suggest that the pill is responsible for failure to ovulate. Often such problems with ovulation are caused by underlying hormonal imbalances which have always been there (what the pill can do is mask the symptoms of any underlying problem).

It sounds like you have no diagnosis to date - why have they put you on clomid (its often given for ovulatory problems like PCOS) and also given you a lap operation to boot (did they suspect endometriosis?).

Are you actually under the care of a gynae at a subfertility unit?. These are the people whom you should be seeing on a regular basis.

Keep us posted, would like to help.

Attila

flynn1984 Tue 23-Sep-08 14:49:03

Hi Attila,

The gyn at the hospital said that my lap was done to check for tube blockages and it showed no problems, tubs were fine and he is unaware of what is causing my prblems.
My doc has never mentioned PCOS before, so unaware of symptoms for this.

I am starting to get worked up about this as every month my blood tests show nothing, and docs have kept me on 50mg of clomid for the past 4 months, here's hoping they increase to dosage.

I hope something works soon. Thank you for your reply x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now