Talk

Advanced search

Clomid over the internet

(4 Posts)
CorkyII Tue 23-Sep-08 14:03:30

Hi All - this is my first post - I'm 43 - jus into perimenopause - have realised I haven't ovulated for the past 3 months and want to try Clomid. I have a three year old son and a miscarriage at 8 weeks one year ago.

I live in France - getting an appointment with a consultant takes 6 months and because I'm over 42 I'd have to pay for all the consultations/treatment myself (seems rather arbritrary but there you are)

I have some medical and some veterinary experience/knowledge on the reproductive side and together with knowing my own physial signs and good monitoring and the knowledge that clomid is 'safe and cheap' and is usually prescribed fairly routinely as a first avenue in situations like mine then I've decided to get it off the internet. I'd very much like to hear from anyone whose done the same (ie, bought Clomid off the internet)

Please don't come down on me like a ton of bricks its not possible for everyone to go by the book as we'd like and as I say I have researched a huge amount already but, it's always good to hear from someone in the same boat.

Best wishes to all

Helen

peju25 Tue 23-Sep-08 15:10:39

Hi - just thought i would reply to your thread. I am on my first round of clomid and like you i was getting to the stage where i was gonna just order it from the internet as my docs were taking so long - they were wanting me to go for a scan to check for blockages.
Anyway i had blood test which showed i was not ovulating due to PCOS so was told they would give me clomid after scan - was waiting so long i went back to docs and they said i may not have one so i asked if i could just take the clomid then as af just started. After going through the poss side effects/problems and my agreeing that i was aware and still wanted it she let me have it. Luckily no side effects.
I think as long as you are aware of the bad signs to look for (and stop taking clomid n go hospital if get them) then it down to you. Obviously you wont then get day 21 tests to check it working and ov kits dont always work.
If you anything like me even if you get told not to do it (as im sure you will be) you will weigh it up in your own mind whether the risk out weighs the poss gain.
I know im not in same boat as you now but do completely see your point - guess as my doc told me you know the risks its up to you.

good luck!!

RealityGap Tue 23-Sep-08 20:09:21

Hi Corky,

I am a mum of 3 assisted conception kids - 2 IVF and 1 clomid baby.

Clomid didn't work for us the first time we were trying and did IVF for DS1 and DD I lost some weight and we simply couldn't afford ivf when ttc number 3 so we were refered to the clinic and did 4 rounds of treatment of clomid and had DS2.

I am desperate to TTC for number 4 DH isn't so sure but should we go down the TTC route we will buy clomid from the internet.

You sound like an educated person and as long as you are aware of the risks involved with clomid you should be fine

a couple of things you may not have come across in regards to clomid is it has an accumlitive effect so builds up in your system over the months you are on.

also it makes your cevical mucus thick and hostile, which some women use cough mixture (taken orally) to help combat the most common one used is robbitusin (?sp)

I would see no reason why ovulation prediction kits wouldnt work for you - since your issue is menapausal rather than pcos ect.

if you want to talk further about this im happy to email you

good luck

Tigresswoods Wed 24-Sep-08 22:07:48

LOVE that you clarify taking the cough mixture orally! LOL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now