Talk

Advanced search

Mirena Coil - I know it's not imposible to be PG with it, but what else could my symptoms be instead?

(8 Posts)
PonderingThoughts Tue 23-Sep-08 13:23:06

I have a Mirena coil and have had it for about 18 months with no problems, no side effects.
My periods stopped as predicted about 3-6 months after fitting. I get occassional spotting for a day or two, but really very little and very rarely.

However, for just over a the past week, I have had the following symptoms:
Completely hormonal, emotional, cry at anything!
Very tired/exhausted
Waves of nausea throughout the day
Tender breasts
Headaches
Peeing regularly
Lack of appetite for certain foods - but craving other things by the tub load
Not interested in alcohol (V.Strange for me! blush)
Bloated

I know it is highly unlikely that I'm pregnant, but other than these symptoms I feel fine, not ill at all...so what else could this be?
I've never suffered from PMS symptoms before with the Mirena, so if it's that why now, afer 18 months?

Also, I've always said I'm happy with the one DC that I have as we cannot afford anymore and I've thought it would be the worst thing in the world if I ever became PG again.

But in the last week I've been feeling so hormonal and ackowledging that maybe I would like another one and trying to justify in my mind how we could perhaps cope financially etc....but that's just NOT been for the last 6 years, so why now, in the past week!?!

What's going on?
It's a 1 in 1000 chance that I could be PG, so trying not to think down that road...anyone else have symptoms such as this with the Mirena?

PonderingThoughts Tue 23-Sep-08 13:41:00

bump

PonderingThoughts Tue 23-Sep-08 14:18:22

Anyone??

SparklyGothKat Tue 23-Sep-08 14:25:58

is it still in place?

Idobelieveinfairies Tue 23-Sep-08 14:27:59

sounds like you may have to get a test to be sure.

PonderingThoughts Tue 23-Sep-08 14:29:51

Well, I think I can feel what I am assuming is the thread - so I guess that means it must be?

DeJaVous Tue 23-Sep-08 14:31:10

People do get pregnant with the coil in place. You really need to do a test TBH.

Idobelieveinfairies Tue 23-Sep-08 14:32:55

Not sure how coils work-never had one, but would it need to be removed if you are pregnant?-perhaps it is better to definately no at least then you can see your doctor.

Hope you get the result that you want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now