Talk

Advanced search

IUI

(22 Posts)
bubbly1973 Sat 26-Feb-05 21:46:54

hiya, is anyone else doing IUI on this board?

im about to embark on it again next time my cycle starts, which is in about a fortnight, just wondering if anyone else is going through it

i did conceive the first time around about 3 years ago but that ended in a miscarriage, 2nd attempt worked and have ds who is 2years7mths

unfortunatly we have to pay this time round so pressures on, dh has allowed 3 attempts and thats it, which is fair enough i suppose, as i dont work, gave up to be sahm

not looking forward to the treatment, yet on the other hand i am looking forward to it, (if that makes sense)

not looking forward to it as pressure is really on, as it cost money, not looking forward to waiting to see if im pregnant, not looking forward to it incase it dont work

looking forward to it as i could be pregnant

im babbling

angelfire Mon 28-Feb-05 13:11:08

Bubbly - am not doing IUI but start IVF in May. Like you a previous attempt worked and we have a little boy who is nearly 2. We have agreed that we can afford 2 more gos - May and then if not successful Sep - I can relate to your feelings very well - anxious to start because you hope you'll get a good result - and anxious to start because the result may not be good. I am due to start down regging middle of May - best of luck.

bubbly1973 Mon 28-Feb-05 16:59:42

angelfire, the very very best of luck to you for May

please let me know how you get on

how many goes did it take you on ivf the first time around?

DelGirl Mon 28-Feb-05 17:06:49

Hello Bubbly. I've had 5 attempts at iui, sadly miscarried twice but am now 32+ weeks pregnant. Feel free to babble away anytime on here, it's a very emotional time isn't it? Good luck

bubbly1973 Mon 28-Feb-05 17:22:05

oh wow delgirl!! a shiver run down the back of my spine as i read yours, how wonderful to find that after so many attempts and so much heartache you are 32wks pregnant,

i love a happy ending on the ttc board
theres another m'netter who posted recently that after a long time trying she conceived naturally a month before she was about to embark on fetility treatment

i bet you cant believe u are pregnant, i wish i had the courage to do so many go's as you, they usually recommend only 3 go's, reckon your chances go downhill, but obviously not true!!

when are you due? is this your first?

well done to you and dh

MancMum Mon 28-Feb-05 17:29:46

I got DD on 2nd attempt!

bubbly1973 Mon 28-Feb-05 17:36:25

mancmum was that on iui or ivf?

ladymuck Mon 28-Feb-05 17:39:06

bubbly - are your IUI cycles medicated or natural? Good luck whichever. It's best not to focus on the number of goes at this stage in the process though, as it really does pile on the pressure on attempt number 3 (if you get there).

angelfire Tue 01-Mar-05 12:11:44

Bubbly - we had to cancel our first cycle before egg collection as I had not responded to the drugs - on our first "complete" cylce we had our little boy. This will therefore be our 2nd or 3 rd attempt depending on how you are counting - the very very best of luck to you - it is such an emotional time. Well done Delgirl - I followed your thread before and thought of you - you are now on the home stretch - enjoy your lie-ins while you can!

MancMum Tue 01-Mar-05 12:20:32

2nd attempt of IUI --my next door neighbour got pg on 3rd attempt -- with same nurse -- we love her! Neighbour then had another 4 attempts at IUI all failed so she moved onto IVF -- the cycle failed as she only produced one egg --- but guess what -- she got pregnant the natural way with that one egg!!

bubbly1973 Tue 01-Mar-05 17:03:25

ladymuck, my cycles will be medicated, injections...dh loves that bit, he gets great pleasure in stabbing me with them!!

angelfire, hope you will get pregnant on your first attempt as they know how your responded when you first did ivf, hopefully they will look at your notes and give you exact amount that you had when you conceived the first time u got pregnant, are the months dragging for you?

mancmum, this is my fear, that i am more or less taking it for granted that it will work, as it did the last time, therefore will be so so gutted if it doesnt work after 3 attempts
(i am very greatful that at least i was lucky enough to have one child, but it will still be a blow if it dont work)

did you neighbour assume it would work on iui when she decided for another baby?

roll on a 1 week and 3 days

bubbly1973 Sun 13-Mar-05 22:15:37

i am thinking of making a kind of iui online diary putting down my experience and how i am feeling etc etc right through my treatment...this is in order to help anyone whose a lurker or poster to know what its like if they are going through it, or thinking of going through it.

this isnt happening this month though, af arrived thursday, rang up the clinic and they said they couldnt do it this month as the crucial bit where there inseminate could fall on easter weekend, and they are shut...so have to wait another month yet again!!

angelfire Mon 14-Mar-05 08:07:43

Bubbly - I have just had my IVF put back for a similar reason - will now start downregging mid June with egg collection etc mid July - for me I appreciate the extra time to get myself into IVF mode but also know that if you are already there it can be exasperating to have times/dates change etc. Would be interested in following your progress

welshmum Mon 14-Mar-05 09:06:36

All the best with it bubbly.
I've had 3 seperate sets of iui treatment. 1st time got pg with dd who is now almost 3, 2nd time got pg and lost baby at 12 weeks, 3rd time got pg on the 3rd attempt (out very last go and had given up hope) and am now 27 weeks pg and can't wait to meet him/her

angelfire Mon 14-Mar-05 13:00:44

wow Welshmum - stories like your give me hope that you can get lucky more than once (I already have one child and hope - very much - to ger pg again!)

bubbly1973 Tue 15-Mar-05 16:24:24

welshmum, congratulations on your pregnancy, its always good to hear storys like yours, well done and all the best to you

bubbly1973 Mon 18-Apr-05 09:55:16

2 months later and i think this cycle wont go ahead either

i couldnt do one in april because it was falling on the easter weekend when they are shut, so if i needed to be inseminated they wouldnt have been there.

so i had to do it on this months cycle, only i just looked on the calender and insemination could possily fall on may 1st...im so gutted, i havent come on yet, but i thought i saw a bit of af earlier on....and signs are there for af...im so gutted, and am just hanging around to confirm af arrives, then to have to ring hospital, only to hear them tell me they wont be able to do it this month

i feel so sad i feel like crying...we were supposed to be doing it going back in september 2004, but with one thing and another hospital has been delaying it, i just want to get this over and done with

whimsy Mon 18-Apr-05 10:28:08

Oh what a pain bubbly Hope it works out for you, we had 3 attempts at IUI over (2years) before it worked for us. We had to go private to get it, but it worked now we have ds 2 who is wonderful
I know how hard it is, think it's naff that they were shut over easter

bubbly1973 Tue 19-Apr-05 12:42:53

thank you whimsy for your message, its lovely to see when someone posts a message to say it worked for them, i love hearing good news like that.

af didnt arrive yesterday after all that, maybe today it will, but im hoping it wont arrive till tomorrow just to be on the safe side

whimsy Tue 19-Apr-05 17:07:40

Hugs Bubbly

popadums Tue 19-Apr-05 18:20:55

Bubbly1973

Good luck with IUI. We're starting 2nd attempt in June. We know how stresssful and painful it is. My wife says to get your hubby to buy you a pressie after every jab!
Send you both lots of baby dust and a big hug!
Good luck.

bubbly1973 Wed 20-Apr-05 13:19:26

whimsy thanks

lol popadums, if i said that to my dh, i think he would faint...its costing us a fortune as it is to get the treatment done...besides, dh reckons he should get a present for every mood swing i have

i wish you all the very very best luck for june, i truly hope to hear good news from you both

right a bit of lunch then off to do a thread on iui, starving so food first

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now