Talk

Advanced search

Can any one shed any light on this? lternate short then long cycle

(6 Posts)
pinkmook Fri 19-Sep-08 17:19:04

Hi, as the title suggests, after TTC for over a year now, my cycles have settled into alternate 28 day then 35 day cycles.

Does any one know why this might be? Should I be worried? Any one want to hold my hand?!

I am going back to see the consultant in November but driving myself nuts wondering why this is. A quick google of the issue didn't really tell me anything so can any one help?

TIA

pinkmook Fri 19-Sep-08 17:27:16

Title should say Alternate ...ooops blush

devonsmummy Mon 22-Sep-08 12:28:18

I don't know why - but I wouldn't be worried.

When ttc DS mine were alternate 23 days then 28.

Good luck!

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 22-Sep-08 14:00:13

Hi Pinkmook,

Do you as yet have a diagnosis?.

A "normal" cycle is a cycle of between 21 and 35 days OR with less than 4 days of variation from month to month. Going by that defination your cycles would be seen as irregular.

If you can be seen sooner than November this may be a good idea - I would ring the clinic on a weekly basis to see if there are any cancellation appointments. You may get seen quicker that way.

pinkmook Mon 22-Sep-08 16:17:41

Hi Attila - No diagnosis yet and there is more than 4 days variation between cycles like you say, so not regular. Getting really fed up of waiting around and can't believe they cancelled me til November. My cycles now seem to be in a pattern of a 35 day cycle followed by a 28 day cycle so not really sure what the hell is going on sad

will try and ring the clinic, thanks for the advice xx

blowsy Mon 22-Sep-08 16:22:11

My cycle is 28 days one month and 24 day the next.

I like to think of it as a little pecadillo of my ovaries!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now